MAJOR Announcement from TD

Hey don't shoot the messenger!!   :)   I'm on your side.  I was just telling you that certain people were getting their hopes waaaaaaaaaaaaay up for this major announcement.  Personally I think the event is going to be awesome and I can't wait to see the new jerseys.

334752[/snapback]

Yeah, sorry! I just re-read your post. It's just hard for me to understand how jaded some people can get.

Jeff

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about the $$ baby.  Get those jerseys mass produced so you can get your very own on June 4th and show it off proudly all summer.  Then the home opener rolls around and people are not only talking about the start of a new season, they again start talking about the new throwback jerseys and a new wave of them are bought in time for Opening Day. 

It's really not that much different than what they did four years ago when Kelly went up on the Wall.  Why wouldn't they do it during the Miami game, everybody asked?  Well because the team sucked on ice that year and the Miami was one of the few guaranteed sellouts.  Instead, they scheduled it during the Seattle game in November and voila...instant sellout.

The teams the Bills play (while nice for sentimental reasons) don't matter to them, the dates and circumstances surrounding the teams do.

334725[/snapback]

People B word about the Bills' looking to generate revenue and at the same time moan about how are they going to stay competitive with the big market teams:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=24026

If you don't want to shell out for a jersey (not you personally, I'm being rhetorical :) ), then don't. But I don't begrudge the team from trying to get a few more $$$ from selling something fans might want to buy, especially if it helps them compete with the Cowboys, 'Skins' etc.

If you don't want to shell out for a jersey (not you personally, I'm being rhetorical  ), then don't. But I don't begrudge the team from trying to get a few more $$$ from selling something fans might want to buy, especially if it helps them compete with the Cowboys, 'Skins' etc.

Well said.

No it's hush-hush untill early June, but someone will leak it.

Jeff

334812[/snapback]

I doubt it will be leaked. Last time for the full uniform makeover they managed to keep it under wraps until the day before. Finally, someone got their hands on a Madden screenshot for a yet to be released version.

Has to be the Throwbacks. Thomas Wall and Packers Scrimmage are already top stories on the Bills website.

Stan Roberts coming back would be a grand improvement over John Gurtler. That guy sucked as a Sabres broadcaster and sucks as the Bills PA announcer. He also does voiceovers for Ford commercials. He sucks at that too.

The Bills hold try outs every year for stadium pa announcer. Let us know how you did at the try outs.