Ah, yes...youth sports

\GoBillsInDallas/

On 7/21/2022 at 1:24 PM, Gugny said:

About 20 years ago, I tried my hand at refereeing wrestling.  The parents were horrible.  I had one father get in my face at a PEE WEE wrestling tournament.  We're talking elementary school, here.  This was early-mid morning and the guy reeked of alcohol.

I had one mother rip me a new one after a match in which her son got pinned.  I told her that he probably felt bad enough for getting pinned ... and that she was just making it worse.

I also dealt with horrible sportsmanship by one middle school wrestler, who I kicked out of the gym and sent to the locker room.  His coach was sitting right next to him as the kid chanted, "bulllll shiiiit"  over and over again from the side of the mat.  After kicking the kid out, I looked at the coach and told him he needs to do better.

This was all in one season.  That was all I needed to say see ya!

I was involved in with youth/hs wrestling for a number of years.  I know this shouldn’t be funny, but the thought of a 7th grader laying mat-side chanting “BuuuuuuuuuuuulllllShiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt BuuuuuuuuuulllllShitttt” at that oversized baseball head of yours is pretty funny.  

I also gave up the drink, and wish to make amends.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.