Final Roster Predictions WRs

Milanos Milano

On 8/13/2022 at 11:45 PM, 947 said:

After today's game, there is no doubt that Hodgins is a far superior WR to Kumerow. It doesn't matter that Hodgins was playing vs 2s & 3s, Kumerow is not capable of doing that against any level of competition. If we keep a guy just for ST coverage over a more talented WR, I'll be pissed. Most teams make solid ST players out of their talented athletes, they don't pay guys just to do that. We've sacrificed depth for years doing this, it has to stop.

Get ready to be pissed. McDermott loves to do this. He loves to handcuff his offensive and defensive depth for guys that can cover kicks. Ugh. 

im with you 100% btw. It’s just stupid. Which is why I never liked Robert’s either. He wasn’t even good at returning. He had a high average but literally never had any splash plays. He was like the Buick of automobiles. Reliable yes, but not exactly turning any heads at anything he did. 

but the biggest argument for not spending roster spots on Special Teams players should now be, because we have a kicker and a punter that can both boot it out of the back of the end zone from almost anywhere on the field. Just save the roster spots and guarantee that your defense will be looking at 25 yard line starts all year. If I see 100% touchbacks all year out of the punter and kicker, I’ll be happy. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 6/16/2022 at 12:32 AM, Starr Almighty said:

You traded away lil dirty and kept Austin. I love this idea, only issue I have with this is that Austin sucks. Other than that I'm all for it.

Anyone above Austin in any opinion

On 6/16/2022 at 4:17 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's fine that you feel that way. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But unfortunately for you - the Bills brass doesn't feel the same way because that's who they chose to bring in and compete with Marquez Stevenson. 

Austin claims he's been unhealthy the past few years and finally feels 100% It could be lip service, but he has reportedly looked good in OTA's and has a lot of supporters in the WR room. And I really don't think he could be any worse than Stevenson looked last year.

Long story short - you may not be a fan. But he definitely has a better chance of sticking than you're giving him credit for.

On 6/16/2022 at 5:17 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t know how anyone could make this statement? Tavon Austin finally has 2 good QBs to work with (Allen and Keenum) and is 100% healthy. Austin has already caught 4 TDs in OTA/mini camp. He’s going to do it in real camp next month. I think Austin has enough talent and speed to become a serviceable WR here given who our QBs are. I absolutely would not be surprised to see a 600 yard season or more here this year. 

I personally think as a collective (Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, and Austin) will be used a lot. We will see flashes of Shakir, but he will be introduced in slowly and I’m not expecting much contribution from him. 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:03 AM, Deadstroke said:

I think what you're missing is WHY did they sign him.  If his return average stinks and he is just plain embarrassing as a WR, then just why did the Bills bring him in?  Bills hierachy just plain stupid?  Or maybe they see very high possibilities, like what he's showing in the workouts now.

Is he still making the team in your eyes? Asking for a friend.

BTW my reasoning was he sucks and he is always hurt back then. As of today he sucked and he was hurt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.