Seems like Lamar Jackson isn't pleased with the Ravens tonight

Roundybout

i think lamar has a unique value to the ravens, which is not matched for any other team (baring a total rebuild of the team to suit him, kinda like how people talked about tebow, or IMO the goat running qb of the modern era, kordel stewart).

The ravens, thus, have a bigger bid for lamar than any other team at the moment, but they could retool (they'd have to if the coach got fired) and go a different direction if they wanted.  

i think the solution is in the middle, with the ravens paying him a big contract but with less guaranteed, or simply with more outs than the other mega contracts.  

the upside of lamar/roman offense is it lets you get to a level of scoring and ball control with less vol and less expensive high flying talent at WR.  by having a bigger burlier team you have an advantage because smaller faster guys get tired and get slower, but big guys stay the same size (to me, this is what the pats did better than anyone for about 17 years).

the downside is you can only level so much diverse talent because the formations, the substitutions and all of that just take so much time to practice and so long to roll out.  i remember what the 2 min offence looked like under roman, and it wasn't pretty.

i think about 10 years back lamar woulda been a monster and potential champ (similar to how sf looked w roman as oc) but to me the trend towards high flying passing and less d might be an issue (meaning the advantage of a lamar lead O is you spend less on O, bully and beat people up w running and misdirection, and invest in a sick D).

assuming tannyhill doesn't show further improvement, if tenn signed lamar i'd be rally nervous about playing them in the playoffs, but other than that i can't think of another team who could use him like the ravens.

17 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

We disagree pretty much across the board..  That’s fine.  To me Baker and Murray both have a narrow path left to success because they are self absorbed and wilt under pressure.  Murray for sure….Baker I think so but he was playing hurt so maaaaaaaybe….but I’m not rolling those dice.  They both have to change their approach /personality.  Very few do that.  

Jackson is a team player and high effort guy.  He gives a chance to his team in any given game.  The odds of him winning 4 playoff games in a row are probably low but his team and he will both keep trying until the end.  The two other guys are clownish and have had teammate issues.  That outweighs any scheme adjustment advantages they may bring.

Civil disagreement, I think we both have valid points.

I can't disagree with the attitude problems with Murray or Mayfield. 100% correct. I think this situation in Cleveland will either turn the light on for Baker, or it never will. Jackson is head and shoulders the best leader of the bunch, but I worry how much I would have to adjust my offense and how long Jackson can sustain his play style. Guys like McNabb and Cunningham became better pocket passers over time and used their legs as needed. I think Josh Allen will fall into that category too (better). I'm not sure that is in Jackon's make up. He is fun to watch.

Happily we don't have this issue!

On 4/29/2022 at 8:09 AM, mborn said:

I think it’s the other way around. Lamar has refused to talk contract with the ravens. He represents himself, and maintains he too busy focusing on football to talk contract. I think he wants out. 

They (Ravens) truly have designed an offense tailor made for HIM and his skillsets. If he can't appreciate that, just wow. Nothing is ever perfect, and while you deal with the day to day grind of course things are bumpy at times, but come on. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.