Brady signs extension with Pats

Joe

It wasn't "over" the first 8,000 times you predicted it would be.  Do you really think this instance will be any different?

331305[/snapback]

You throw enough **** against the wall some of it is bound to stick... :o

Wow. A bargain considering Peyton's $99M over 7 years and a $34M signing bonus. And say what you want about Brady's abilities, but he's the one with the rings....

331122[/snapback]

He's also the one with the defense that can singlehandedly win games without his help.

I'm glad though, at least the pats are starting to waste their money, less cap room for them to sign real talent.

Signing the best QB in the NFL to a below-market deal is a waste of money?

Yeah, that money should have been used for them to find some "real" talent. :o

Signing the best QB in the NFL to a below-market deal is a waste of money? :o

331626[/snapback]

HD, you're being a total homer here. Brady is NOT the best QB.

I'd take P. Manning over him in a heartbeat.

And we all know Fezmid would take DB. :doh:

Name someone who has led his team to more success.

Have fun losing in the playoffs.

331676[/snapback]

The Pats are a total team. You can remove Brady, and plug in about 10 other QB's and have the same success.

Again, I would take Peyton Manning without blinking twice over TB.

I'd also Take McNabb, Trent Green (though he is older), Carr, Palmer, Roethlisberger (due to their upside), and Culpepper.

The Pats are a total team. You can remove Brady, and plug in about 10 other QB's and have the same success.

Nope (see 2000 season).

Again, have fun playing fantasy football and being embarrassed in the postseason.

I'd also Take McNabb, Trent Green (though he is older), Carr, Palmer, Roethlisberger (due to their upside), and Culpepper.

:o:doh::blink:

331680[/snapback]

Comedy gold.

:o

By taking a little less now, may payoff tons more in the future. By not crippling NE with the salary cap issues of a big contract, NE will be more competitive in the future. Which in turn ensures his enshrinement in the HOF.

Which will lead to many more valuable endorsement contracts after his football career is over.

If he took a greedy big fat contract now, the team may falter and lessen his career stats and make him more average and less bankable.

It's a small gamble on Brady's part to get paid tons more later on. Heck a 60 mil contract is not exactly going to leave him wondering how he can pay his bills. He is a pretty frugal guy to start with isn't he?

Signing the best QB in the NFL to a below-market deal is a waste of money? :unsure:

331626[/snapback]

Let me re-word that for you:

Signing the man who, in my humble opinion, is the best QB in the NFL to a below-market deal is a waste of money? :blink:

Please don't state opinion as if it were fact.

from King on SI.com:

"To be the highest-paid, or anything like that, is not going to make me feel any better,'' he told me. "That's not what makes me happy. In this game, the more one player gets, the more he takes away from what others can get. Is it going to make me feel any better to make an extra million, which, after taxes, is about $500,000? That million might be more important to the team.''

the following percentages of the Patriots' cap over the next six years (keep in mind the cap will bump up significantly with the new network deal beginning next season): four percent, eight percent, 11 percent, 12 percent, 11 percent, 9.5 percent.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...rady/index.html

in this day and salary cap age, this is a huge deal that he took a hometown discount. who has ever done this for the bills??????

in this day and salary cap age, this is a huge deal that he took a hometown discount. who has ever done this for the bills??????

332482[/snapback]

i think schobel took a hometown discount.......

he got 23M over 5 years (4.6/year) with a 6.75M signing bonus.......if he waited and hit the open market, he could have easily topped those numbers and come in closer to the deal that ogunleye got from the bears -- 33.4M over 6 years (5.6/year) with a 15M signing bonus.......he would have been the top DE available in free agency and would have had alot of teams interested.....

from King on SI.com:

"To be the highest-paid, or anything like that, is not going to make me feel any better,'' he told me. "That's not what makes me happy. In this game, the more one player gets, the more he takes away from what others can get. Is it going to make me feel any better to make an extra million, which, after taxes, is about $500,000? That million might be more important to the team.''

332482[/snapback]

Brainwashed just like every other player on that team. Let's see how he thinks after not winning anymore SBs. He is at the top and the only place for him to go now is down. Time to get a taste of reality Tommy.