JP Losman's Arm Strength

I saw JP throw the ball during the Browns scrimage last year. It was neat to watch him lineup alongside Bledsoe and Travis Brown during their pre-game drills. They would throw the little 10-15 yard out....and 10-15 yard in routes....

They would throw the ball at the same time and i would swear JP's balls were all line drive throws that consistantly got to his receiver a full second quicker than the other two.

SO...my question is he has arm strength for zipping the ball pretty well...

but how is his arm strengh for the long ball? I would think there will be a couple of times a game where they just send, Moulds, Evans and Parrish deep. How far can JP throw it?

I saw JP throw the ball during the Browns scrimage last year.  It was neat  to watch him lineup alongside Bledsoe and Travis Brown during their pre-game drills.  They would throw the little 10-15 yard out....and 10-15 yard in routes....

They would throw the ball at the same time and i  would swear JP's balls were all line drive throws that consistantly got to his receiver a full second quicker than the other two.

SO...my question is he has arm strength for zipping the ball pretty well...

but how is his arm strengh for the long ball?  I would think there will be a couple of times a game where they just send, Moulds, Evans and Parrish deep.  How far can JP throw it?

330690[/snapback]

I think the fact that he was completing 50 yarders in the recent mini-camp is a good sign. He may not have the same deep ball as Bledsoe, but I think his arm is pretty good overall.

That's actually is 2nd best attribute right behind his athletic running skills. JP and Roydell Williams made a living with the deep ball at Tulane. JP was concidered by many to have a better deep ball than the top 3 QB's in last years draft.

That's actually is 2nd best attribute right behind his athletic running skills. JP and Roydell Williams made a living with the deep ball at Tulane. JP was concidered by many to have a better deep ball than the top 3 QB's in last years draft.

330698[/snapback]

Don't you feel a tad uncomfortable talking about JP's balls? <_<

Don't you feel a tad uncomfortable talking about JP's balls?  <_<

330703[/snapback]

<_<

I think an important thing to remember when comparing him to Bledsoe....

Bledsoe may have been a lurching, ball patting, lock to receiver looking, take forever to throwin, sloth like running QB....but he has one of the best deep balls EVER......

If JPL is anywhere close to Bledsoe in that department.....then he is already better then nearly everyone in the NFL at the deep ball RIGHT NOW......

Bledsoe may have been a lurching, ball patting, lock to receiver looking, take forever to throwin, sloth like running QB....but he has one of the best deep balls EVER......

If JPL is anywhere close to Bledsoe in that department.....then he is already better then nearly everyone in the NFL at the deep ball RIGHT NOW......

330712[/snapback]

Still, I think most of us would exchange a slightly less spectacular deep ball for a higher level of pocket awareness.

The thing JP will need to work on is not his arm, but poise in the pocket. He'll need to learn how long he has before he needs to get rid of the ball. He'll need to learn how to feel the pressure. He'll need to learn to alwaysh know where his hot reads are. He'll need to learn how to step up in the pocket. In short, he'll be fine in the throwing department. He just needs to learn how to be an NFL QB.

I remember watching him in the preseason at the Ralph. I don't know if it was just me wanting to be optomistic or if it was true but the first ten yard out that he threw got their frickin fast. Several of my buddies and i just silently looked at each other with a face of recgonition saying, 'damn'.

330712[/snapback]

No doubt about that. For all of his downfalls, Drew's arm strength is amongst the finest of all time. When he has the time to sit back there he can effortlessly flick his wrist and send a perfect spiral to the opposite end of the field and hit a receiver in perfect stride. If JP is anywhere near that talented at it, he'll be far ahead of the game.

Still, I think most of us would exchange a slightly less spectacular deep ball for a higher level of pocket awareness.

330825[/snapback]

Speak for yourself buddy-boy, I personally prefer to have my Bills QB's un-aware in the pocket and sacked often!! :(

JP would be doing well if he came anywhere NEAR being sacked just 1.45 times per game. I just hope his mobility doesn't make him believe he's Houdini and can escape from every situation. And hopefully he's overcome the feelings of being Superman, after a big dose of kryptonite in the form of Troy Vincent.