Where's the salary cap for the Bills?

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Some other guys have their salary cap hits go up some years. Josh Allen cost us $10.2M last year. He'll cost us $16.3M this year and $39.3M the year after. There's a ton of that kind of thing. Diggs' cap hit goes up from $6.3 to $17.9M this year. Which is why they may well re-do his contract giving him some kind of extension.

As recommended above, you should really learn to use either the spotrac website or the overthgcap website. You can just google Buffalo Bills Spotrac.

And you're golden. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

You can see each player's contract values through it's whole existence, the team's cap for several years back and forward, and you can even play GM using the "Manage Roster" function, cutting guys and seeing how the cap space changes. There's a learning curve. You have to figure out how signing bonuses are different from roster and option bonuses (each figure is given separately), you have to lear dead cap, etc.

Took me a short time to learn most of it. But then realized I'd been wrong about one thing and it took me years to realize I was wrong, with much ridicule and help from folks on here. And I deserved the ridicule. That took like two years.

But if you're going to be a serious fan, these days you've got to work on slowly picking it up. I think so anyway.

Also worth understanding that when people on this thread talk about saving $20 or $30M, that will partially just be used to pay for re-signing guys whose contracts ran out at the end of the year but will be re-signed, such as Horrible Harry, McKenzie, a backup QB to replace Trubisky, Levi Wallace, etc. Or guys to replace them if they go, but in case they go, there's no way to guess how much the new guys would cost.

Cover1 estimates they'll have around $10M left after all adjustments and bringing back all their guys, with the ability to generate around $20M more by pushing money down into later years. But Beane does some of that but doesn't like to do it excessively.

Again, take a look at spotrac and overthecap.

Thanks for the input much appreciated but i am just a casual fan i only spend a short time each morning reading about the Bills and that may be something that in the future when i can no longer get out & work on my 87 bronco or checking on my hunting spots and other things but for now i'm not that invested in my fandom .

Like you it may take me a couple of years to get to that point but i appreciate you taking the time to explain & now i know more about how it works but until that time that i get to full on fandom in the fact of investing the time to do the research i will continue to root for the Bills by buying merch and reading articles each day .

Thanks again !! GO BILLS !! 

It's not difficult to manage the cap, New Orleans does this every single year. I don't necessarily agree with how they run the cap in NO but they've figured out a pretty solid system and was just said to have freed up another 40M+ but are still 30M+ over the cap, I'm assuming that has alot to do with Drew Brees but I'm not entirely sure. It may just be many bad contracts given out or a combo of both. We should have about 30M in available cap space by the time FA hits but in doing so we also may have some holes on the roster after cuts. That's where management will say ok we need to fill this position with a draft pick and this 1 with a free agent.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It's not difficult to manage the cap, New Orleans does this every single year. I don't necessarily agree with how they run the cap in NO but they've figured out a pretty solid system and was just said to have freed up another 40M+ but are still 30M+ over the cap, I'm assuming that has alot to do with Drew Brees but I'm not entirely sure. It may just be many bad contracts given out or a combo of both. We should have about 30M in available cap space by the time FA hits but in doing so we also may have some holes on the roster after cuts. That's where management will say ok we need to fill this position with a draft pick and this 1 with a free agent.

Saints are cooked.  They will be lucky to win 6-7 games this year.

They are also currently $42M over the cap.  But no worries they Taysom Hill at QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.