Louie Louie...what filthy lyrics!

Call me confused. What are the filthy dirty lyrics and what difference does it make since it is a instrumental piece with no vocals that the band was going to perform.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/no_louie_louie

Here they are. Close the eyes of your children before proceeding any further... :lol:

Louie Louie,

me gotta go.

Louie Louie,

me gotta go.

A fine little girl, she wait for me.

Me catch the ship across the sea.

I sailed the ship all alone.

I never think I'll make it home.

Louie Louie,

me gotta go.

Three nights and days we sailed the sea.

Me think of girl constantly.

On the ship, I dream she there.

I smell the rose in her hair.

Louie Louie,

me gotta go.

Me see Jamaican moon above.

It won't be long me see me love.

Me take her in my arms and then

I tell her I never leave again.

Louie Louie,

me gotta go.

the FBI spent two years investigating the lyrics before declaring they not only were not obscene but also were "unintelligible at any speed."

Absolutely insane!

BTW, I prefer the Motorhead version!

"The FBI spent two years investigating the lyrics before declaring they not only were not obscene but also were "unintelligible at any speed."

Absolutely priceless!  ROTFLMAO!

:lol:  :lol:  :D

329603[/snapback]

Consider the difference between what can be admitted in a court of law, the level of certainty of evidence, and what to anyone with half of a brain at the time understood to be the thrust of the slurred lyrics.

Folks were not stupid back then - in fact, generally smarter than today. They certainly had a much larger vocabulary. - that's an undisputable fact.

WOW....

Well, J. Edgar Hoover once found himself in a similar predicament (sort of). In the early-1960s, the FBI boss and his troops investigated whether the song's lyrics violated federal obscenity laws. Triggered by complaints from parents and other tightasses :lol: (who sent the FBI copies of the supposed "Louie Louie" lyrics), the G-men struggled to determine just what it was the Kingsmen were singing. But even when they slowed the 45 rpm single down to 33-1/3, the agents remained stymied. This was one case Hoover's boys couldn't crack. :lol:

Consider the difference between what can be admitted in a court of law, the level of certainty of evidence, and what to anyone with half of a brain at the time understood to be the thrust of the slurred lyrics.

Folks were not stupid back then - in fact, generally smarter than today. They certainly had a much larger vocabulary. - that's an undisputable fact.

329613[/snapback]

"He turned me into a newt...." :lol:

329613[/snapback]

Um, like, Um, whad'ya, like, Um, mean dude. Yur really like, not very, like, nice dude.

DING!!! :lol:

I like Iggy's version on Metallic KO the best:

"She got a rag on, so I'll work above,

It won't be long before she'll take it out,

I feel a rose down in her hair,

Her ass is black, and her breasts are bare."

Good stuff.

Good stuff.

329658[/snapback]

Good call. It's the only version I can stomach.

"I've been egged by better than you." :lol:

329664[/snapback]

:lol:

Iggy was a real American Idol. I'd like to see Bo Bice try and sing with people chucking eggs and bottles at him. We'd see who the real performers are then.

Good stuff.

329658[/snapback]

Do you tell your Mom about this good stuff? I'm sure she wants to be proud of her Son and tell her friends..

:lol:

Iggy was a real American Idol.  I'd like to see Bo Bice try and sing with people chucking eggs and bottles at him.  We'd see who the real performers are then.

329670[/snapback]

Bo would cry for his mommy.

Fat !@#$ would throw it right back at them..."Is it time for a riot, girls? RIOT!" :lol:

Dave Barry once made a convincing argument that "Louie Louie" was the greatest rock 'n roll song of all time. Sure there's the controversy about what the lyrics are, but really what it comes down to it the fact that it's 3 chords and probably the easiest 3 chords. Because the song is so easy to play, lots of guys have gotten together in garages over the years, said "Louie Louie?", A-A-A-D-D-E-E-E-D-D, and fell in love with rock 'n roll.

Imagine the outcry if there would have been an internet in 1960. Louie, Louie would have been banned and there would have been riots in the streets for what rock & roll music was doing to the kids and what that song suggested. The Kingsmen would have faced a firing squad.

There also would never would have been that classic scene in Animal House 18 years later.

Mony. Mony. Get Smart. Read Books.