Good News on Intelligent Design

Most people can't take care of themselves; that's why we need a moral community, and the only way to enforce standards of decency is, sadly, through laws.

330399[/snapback]

Who says they need to be taken care of to begin with?

Personally, if someone is that helpless...leave them for the wolves, I say. Evolution in action...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two State Board of Education members acknowledge they haven't fully read evolution-friendly science standards proposed by educators.

Board members Kathy Martin of Clay Center and Connie Morris of St. Francis said Friday they'd merely scanned the proposed standards. Martin's acknowledgment elicited groans of disbelief from a few audience members.

During a break, Martin said she's ``not a word-for-word reader'' of this type of technical information.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/1551417.html

And they wonder why the scientific community boycotted the hearings.

Two State Board of Education members acknowledge they haven't fully read evolution-friendly science standards proposed by educators.

Board members Kathy Martin of Clay Center and Connie Morris of St. Francis said Friday they'd merely scanned the proposed standards. Martin's acknowledgment elicited groans of disbelief from a few audience members.

During a break, Martin said she's ``not a word-for-word reader'' of this type of technical information.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/1551417.html

And they wonder why the scientific community boycotted the hearings.

330490[/snapback]

Boycotting the hearings will show them. Show them that ID should be taught.

Wow. The "I am rubber, you're glue" argument. Good stuff.

330394[/snapback]

Nope, the "you're retarded, but let me show you from the other perspective what it looks like to try to show you" argument. And it is good stuff.

Boycotting the hearings will show them. Show them that ID should be taught.

330504[/snapback]

Actually, going to the hearings or engaging these people in an organized debate would only lend some legitimacy to their "theories". As for Kansas, the deck is already stacked and any real scientific presence would be pointless.

Most people can't take care of themselves; that's why we need a moral community, and the only way to enforce standards of decency is, sadly, through laws.

330399[/snapback]

So you're the one who tells me that I can't hear the word "!@#$" on television if I want to, and I can't drive my car without the seatbelt on if I want to.

I can take care of myself just fine thank you, and most people can take care of themselves too. What exactly is a "standard of decency"? Its all RELATIVE based on what you believe. What I consider decent you'd consider obscene most likely.

So in short: !@#$ you for trying to set your standards on me and everyone else.

So you're the one who tells me that I can't hear the word "!@#$" on television if I want to, and I can't drive my car without the seatbelt on if I want to.

I can take care of myself just fine thank you, and most people can take care of themselves too.  What exactly is a "standard of decency"?  Its all RELATIVE based on what you believe.  What I consider decent you'd consider obscene most likely.

So in short:  !@#$ you for trying to set your standards on me and everyone else.

330529[/snapback]

You can't be trusted to keep that language from children, so yes, someone has to look out for you.

Decency is not relative. There's right. There's wrong. That's it. If you'd like to do "wrong" things, you should be punished.

Go wash your mouth out, and start setting a good example for people.

Yeah. Run away. Back to college for you. I knew you'd give up.

330401[/snapback]

i think he's either frustrated by how closed your mind is,

or maybe he's like me and starting to suspect you're just a troll trying to stir the pot...

You'd be wrong.  Look up my publications in Physics Review and Physica.  They're a matter of record...in fact, I've posted some links before, under my previous user name.  Peer-reviewed literature should be enough to demonstrate what I know...if you can keep from confusing such non-fiction with "fiction".

330303[/snapback]

Yeah, well if you really are who you say you are complete this

E=MC?

That's what I thought dillhole!

WHERE'S THE SCIENCE?? The National Academy of Sciences and the National Center for Science Education have described ID as pseudoscience!

330121[/snapback]

Exactly, the Scientific Method was not used to test this theory. It is an untested speculation. That is not science. However, evolution has withstood the rogors of the scientific method.

or maybe he's like me and starting to suspect you're just a troll trying to stir the pot...

330548[/snapback]

Ask not for who the cowbell trolls, it trolls for thee.

Actually, going to the hearings or engaging these people in an organized debate would only lend some legitimacy to their "theories".  As for Kansas, the deck is already stacked and any real scientific presence would be pointless.

330524[/snapback]

Exactly, its also why some of the board members aren't attending. (This is only a subcommittee anyways, not the entire Board).

You can't be trusted to keep that language from children, so yes, someone has to look out for you.

Decency is not relative. There's right. There's wrong. That's it. If you'd like to do "wrong" things, you should be punished.

Go wash your mouth out, and start setting a good example for people.

330542[/snapback]

I can't be trusted to keep that language from children? What the !@#$ am I, a retarded idiot?

Unless you're a god damn child which is probably the case, or a !@#$ing child is reading this board, then there aren't any !@#$ing children that I'm using this language around. And since you don't know how I act in real life from my ass, you have no basis to make that statement.

And if a !@#$ing child is reading this board, I'm sure he understands the difference between !@#$ing reading it and !@#$ing saying it. Although you don't seem to, maybe you're just a !@#$ing idiot?

Oh, and just so you !@#$ing know, parents that don't want their children to !@#$ing swear like I'm doing in this god damn post, will explain to them that while you !@#$ing hear it, that doesn't mean you have to !@#$ing repeat it. Its just a !@#$ing choice that people have, just like every !@#$ing other thing.

Now that I've tried to make a point by saying !@#$ing and god damn quite often in my !@#$ing sentences, I'll stop !@#$ing swearing.

Decency is not relative? Give me a break. Is it "indecent" for a silhouette of a naked woman to appear on the screen duing a Monday Night football program? I don't think so, but millions of callers to ABC did. You think that its indecent for me to swear, I don't think so. Why? I don't believe in your religion, and I think that vulgar language is a good way to express something strongly, especially in the written form, as it provides MUCH more meaning when you are writing then when you are speaking it.

I assume that you eat cows much like I do. To me its perfectly fine to do this. In Christianity, its perfectly fine too. Hindus, however, would find this "indecent". Vegaterians find it "indecent" to eat meat.

Let me sum up my point with ONE question:

Who's standards, exactly, are we going to go by when deciding if something is decent?

You're trying to force your Christian decency standards on everyone else. However, last I checked this nation was created to NOT force any religion on each other.

There is a consitution and a bill of rights. These call for the preservation of our freedom and pursuit of happiness. It makes me happy to hear the word !@#$ on television. Lots and lots of standup comedians use it and it provides a GREAT comical effect when used correctly. Lots of dirty jokes are funny as hell too.

Unfortunately, due to this "moral community" that is fueled by religion I can't have this choice. You could choose to watch television that didn't use that word - I'm sure ABC Family would still be targeting families that didn't like it. You can buy your DVDs at Walmart where they censor stuff, and you can go get that DVD player that filters out sex, violence, and language if you wish.

I can't, however, turn on comedy central and watch some standup comedians make dirty jokes. And I'd like to. Its funny and quite a good time imo. I should have the freedom to do so, and I shouldn't have people like you breathing down MY neck when I do just because by YOUR religion it isn't right.

Think about that before you tell me that YOUR standards of right and wrong are MY standards of right and wrong, and before you try to force YOUR agenda on other people again.

330548[/snapback]

The troll theory is the standard around here when nothing else washes.

Many thought the same of me when I said that US troops will march into Iraq, gas-masks tightly festooned (God I love that word... Thanx StuckInCincy, I think it was you that introduced that word here?)to find NO WMD's.

Now for him (BF), he is just plain crazy! Crazy talk!

Me? 1-0????? :lol::lol:

:(

I can't be trusted to keep that language from children?  What the !@#$ am I, a retarded idiot?

Unless you're a god damn child which is probably the case, or a !@#$ing child is reading this board, then there aren't any !@#$ing children that I'm using this language around.  And since you don't know how I act in real life from my ass, you have no basis to make that statement.

And if a !@#$ing child is reading this board, I'm sure he understands the difference between !@#$ing reading it and !@#$ing saying it.  Although you don't seem to, maybe you're just a !@#$ing idiot?

Oh, and just so you !@#$ing know, parents that don't want their children to !@#$ing swear like I'm doing in this god damn post, will explain to them that while you !@#$ing hear it, that doesn't mean you have to !@#$ing repeat it.  Its just a !@#$ing choice that people have, just like every !@#$ing other thing.

Now that I've tried to make a point by saying !@#$ing and god damn quite often in my !@#$ing sentences, I'll stop !@#$ing swearing.

Decency is not relative? Give me a break.  Is it "indecent" for a silhouette of a naked woman to appear on the screen duing a Monday Night football program?  I don't think so, but millions of callers to ABC did.  You think that its indecent for me to swear, I don't think so.  Why?  I don't believe in your religion, and I think that vulgar language is a good way to express something strongly, especially in the written form, as it provides MUCH more meaning when you are writing then when you are speaking it.

I assume that you eat cows much like I do.  To me its perfectly fine to do this.  In Christianity, its perfectly fine too.  Hindus, however, would find this "indecent".  Vegaterians find it "indecent" to eat meat.

Let me sum up my point with ONE question:

Who's standards, exactly, are we going to go by when deciding if something is decent? 

You're trying to force your Christian decency standards on everyone else.  However, last I checked this nation was created to NOT force any religion on each other.

There is a consitution and a bill of rights.  These call for the preservation of our freedom and pursuit of happiness.  It makes me happy to hear the word !@#$ on television.  Lots and lots of standup comedians use it and it provides a GREAT comical effect when used correctly.  Lots of dirty jokes are funny as hell too.

Unfortunately, due to this "moral community" that is fueled by religion I can't have this choice.  You could choose to watch television that didn't use that word - I'm sure ABC Family would still be targeting families that didn't like it.  You can buy your DVDs at Walmart where they censor stuff, and you can go get that DVD player that filters out sex, violence, and language if you wish.

I can't, however, turn on comedy central and watch some standup comedians make dirty jokes.  And I'd like to.  Its funny and quite a good time imo.  I should have the freedom to do so, and I shouldn't have people like you breathing down MY neck when I do just because by YOUR religion it isn't right.

Think about that before you tell me that YOUR standards of right and wrong are MY standards of right and wrong, and before you try to force YOUR agenda on other people again.

330714[/snapback]

Best Post Ever! Even though it can be summed up with "morality is relative" its the delivery that counts!

Best Post Ever! Even though it can be summed up with "morality is relative" its the delivery that counts!

330966[/snapback]

Yeah. Morality is relative. My morals say it's OK to eat living people, so it's OK. Nice world you live in.

And where did I say I was Christian, Bluefire? Please post a link. When you can't, here's what you can post. Just copy and paste. "I am an ignorant poster who makes broad assumptions about people's religion, based on nothing, as I did in this case. Mr. Franklin never stated that he was a Christian. I just assumed it because he makes such salient points about ID, and the media have brainwashed me to associate ID with the Christian Right. My inability to think for myself continues to embarrass me. I am sorry."

My response. "Dear Blue: it's OK. The next time your parents let you use the computer, stay in the teen chat rooms though. You'll be a better match of wits for those kids. -BF"