NFC North & NFC South Open Wide Compared To Any Other Division

corta765

I was thinking about how the AFC is loaded with young QBs and each division has a favorite or two. Then I looked at the NFC and while the West is loaded and the East has Dallas, with Rodgers most likely leaving GB and Brady gone the NFC North and NFC South are about as wide open as they have been in a very long time. The NFC North especially is wild to think that basically 30 years GB ran that division and now I think you could say it really is anyone's game. In the NFC South ATL may be the favorite next year only because they have an actual competent QB compared to the rest of the division. Personally I think it is pretty cool and for the Bills next year the NFC North is a real opportunity to stack some wins.

Just now, corta765 said:

I was thinking about how the AFC is loaded with young QBs and each division has a favorite or two. Then I looked at the NFC and while the West is loaded and the East has Dallas, with Rodgers most likely leaving GB and Brady gone the NFC North and NFC South are about as wide open as they have been in a very long time. The NFC North especially is wild to think that basically 30 years GB ran that division and now I think you could say it really is anyone's game. In the NFC South ATL may be the favorite next year only because they have an actual competent QB compared to the rest of the division. Personally I think it is pretty cool and for the Bills next year the NFC North is a real opportunity to stack some wins.

Atlanta's defense is trash though...

Tampa still has quite a bit of talent on the roster even if they're likely to see considerable turnover.  What they do at QB will be the big question, and I can see them making the push for Watson.  Arians is almost 70, the team's still good, weak QB draft - they seem like the type of team to ignore indiscretions for a shot at the title.  

Just now, dneveu said:

Atlanta's defense is trash though...

Tampa still has quite a bit of talent on the roster even if they're likely to see considerable turnover.  What they do at QB will be the big question, and I can see them making the push for Watson.  Arians is almost 70, the team's still good, weak QB draft - they seem like the type of team to ignore indiscretions for a shot at the title.  

They are going to lose some FAs but yea if TB can get a QB I can see them being a favorite. Like I said its kinda cool because there really isn't a sure thing.

NFC North

I think you automatically slot in wins against VIKINGS (Home) and LIONS (Away)

After that…we will see.

Should Rodgers and Adams stay with Packers I see the Packers rolling the Bills.

When Packers v. Bills was a possible SB Matchup I went back and looked at AARON RODGERS v. LESLIE FRAIZER History.

To say Rodgers dominated Fraizer and his defense is…an understatement.

And for the Bears…it all hinges on Fields growth as a QB.  He has all the tools.  Could he be a young Josh Allen and given the Bills a run on a Thursday Night game in Chicago?  Possibly.

I think right now it’s 

2 Wins

1 Loss

1 50/50

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

They are going to lose some FAs but yea if TB can get a QB I can see them being a favorite. Like I said its kinda cool because there really isn't a sure thing.

I don't know how they'll swing everything - but they can't run back the super bowl roster again.  Brady, gronk, suh all out.  Godwin i doubt they would franchise tag him again because it would kill their ability to sign anyone (almost 20M in cap charge if they tag him, and that space is taken up while they try to negotiate an extension).  

• Like (+1) 1

It's still way to early to assume things 'on paper', and I won't be surprised if one of these teams in the NFC North or South swings a big trade (i.e. Deshawn Watson) to try take advantage of the situation.

From the Bills perspective, everyone looked at playing the AFC South this year and assumed a minimum of 3 wins and we all know that turned out (1-3 against them). So probably not smart to look at the NFC North and make a similar assumption for 2022.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

It's still way to early to assume things 'on paper', and I won't be surprised if one of these teams in the NFC North or South swings a big trade (i.e. Deshawn Watson) to try take advantage of the situation.

From the Bills perspective, everyone looked at playing the AFC South this year and assumed a minimum of 3 wins and we all know that turned out (1-3 against them). So probably not smart to look at the NFC North and make a similar assumption for 2022.

Good points. I would say the NFC South is probably the most interesting on if a big move happens. I have wondered if a team like Carolina grabs a guy like Jimmy G to at least make the playoffs. Tepper is absolutely feeling it and wanting to have some success.

11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Good points. I would say the NFC South is probably the most interesting on if a big move happens. I have wondered if a team like Carolina grabs a guy like Jimmy G to at least make the playoffs. Tepper is absolutely feeling it and wanting to have some success.

Panthers were apparently in the Watson sweepstakes last year so wouldn't be surprised if that materializes again this offseason and actually gets done. The have some decent talent and Rhule is pretty much in a win or get fired situation heading into 2022 so it makes too much sense.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.