TDs draft tells me one thing!

I really struggled with this draft, and the reason behind TD first 2 picks.

At first I thought that Moulds might be "on the way out" or that our TE might be a little bit behind in rehab. Why else would he bypass drafting an O-lineman. :D

The more I think about it the more I believe that TD really believes that we are very close to a playoff caliber team. He has drafted for depth at skill positions... something we have not seen from 1 bills drive in many years!

lets see not counting the rookies.

Runningback WM-running for 1400

WRs - Moulds and Evans (I bet losman gets a woody every time he thinks about those two ;) )

J - jack-be-nimble- P Losman - not Bledsoe!

Mike Williams - came to minicamp in shape!

A Defense that should be in the top 5

My god I think I'm starting to believe! ;)

At first I thought that Moulds might be "on the way out" or that our TE might be a little bit behind in rehab.  Why else would he bypass drafting an O-lineman.  :D

The more I think about it the more I believe that TD really believes that we are very close to a playoff caliber team.  He has drafted for depth at skill positions... something we have not seen from 1 bills drive in many years! 

WRs - Moulds and Evans (I bet losman gets a woody every time he thinks about those two  ;) )

My god I think I'm starting to believe!  ;)

329073[/snapback]

Don't forget Special Teams. ( excluding Lindell )

He also stated after the draft that next years draft was much deeper at tackle.

That to me means that while he could have drafted an O-lineman at 55, he didn't think that anyone there would be better by Sept 1st than a Mike Gandy, or even a Jason Peters. Plus he could pick up a June 1st cut too. Could the #55 guy turn out in two years or so to be better than Gandy? Sure, but the way I read it maybe TD doesn't think that guy will be a franchise type tackle and will be there for ten years.

So then why draft a guy at #55 who's no better than Gandy right now and likely next year, you may end up using a pick on that guy who could be a ten year starter. You don't necessarily need young guys for depth, but rather a guy who's been around a few years. If every year you start replacing players who might just give a small improvement, you'll get nowhere fast. You need to pick your spots, stand pat when there isn't a large improvement and make your move when the time is right.

YAYYYYYYYYYY! TD Thinks we are close! Yipeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

:lol::) :) :) :)

At first I thought that Moulds might be "on the way out" or that our TE might be a little bit behind in rehab.  Why else would he bypass drafting an O-lineman.  :lol:

The more I think about it the more I believe that TD really believes that we are very close to a playoff caliber team.  He has drafted for depth at skill positions... something we have not seen from 1 bills drive in many years! 

WRs - Moulds and Evans (I bet losman gets a woody every time he thinks about those two  :lol: )

My god I think I'm starting to believe!  :D

329073[/snapback]

:)

At first I thought that Moulds might be "on the way out" or that our TE might be a little bit behind in rehab.  Why else would he bypass drafting an O-lineman.  :lol:

WRs - Moulds and Evans (I bet losman gets a woody every time he thinks about those two  :lol: )

329073[/snapback]

Believe what? That the Bills are a play-off team or that TD has is own version of what constitutes a good draft?

I believe that the Bills are a 9-7 team this year and maybe a 10 – 6 team next year and I doubt that we make the play-off until 2007. Here is why.

One: the team last year lacked the mental toughness (Remember TD said they would correct that) to win any of their first 4 games. I don’t know if DB or MM or TD is to blame for that but the result was a team that when it counted was not tough enough to WIN. I think they had the high skill players but no real win at all cost type attitude. But TD does have JPL so… on to number two JPL will be a leader with his voice, feet and actions, so DB is out. JP is the leader so TD had to get him some targets to throw at. As far as the OL, well you can sack what you can’t catch so no OL first pick. I think TD believes that a run orientated OL does not have to be the highest skilled, just the highest motivated.

I think the highest skilled players the team needs to be successful were already on the team, JPL and WM. I Think that is why the draft went the way it did.

Back to my earlier point you can’t just give a team a Toughness transfusion. It takes a few years to build up. When the talk in the locker room goes from “We have what it takes we just need to execute” to “we won because we wanted it more” that’s when I’ll start to believe. BTW that will be when Tom Brady and the PATs look at the schedule and say “Man we gotta play these guys Three times a year to make it to the super-bowl”.

329073[/snapback]

There were 30 teams in the league last year whose starting QB was not named "Bledsoe" and who did not win the Super Bowl. Apparently, "not Bledsoe" isn't quite enough to guarantee glory.

The question is whether it was wise to draft for depth at positions where we have solid starters before you find a starter at left guard and left tackle. If we have suffer through yet another year with a marginal offensive line, this draft won't seem so great. If the line plays well, this will have been a sound draft. Only time will tell. I love your enthusiasm so don't think I'm looking to argue with you on this.