"The Onion" article about a Bills fan

UB2SF

https://www.theonion.com/despondent-buffalo-fan-wonders-if-day-will-ever-come-wh-1848434767

Despondent Buffalo Fan Wonders If Day Will Ever Come When He Too Blackout Drunk To Remember Bills Super Bowl Victory

EAST AURORA, NY—Lamenting that he may never get a chance to miss the greatest day of his life, local Buffalo Bills fan Mark Padula was reportedly despondent Thursday as he wondered if a day would ever come when he would be too blackout drunk to remember a Bills victory in the Super Bowl. “I’ve been a fan for almost 30 years, and it’s tough thinking that I may never wake up hungover on a Monday morning and be told the Bills are champions,” said Padula, who recounted formative memories of watching the Jim Kelly Bills and shaking his father awake on the bathroom floor to commiserate in their losses. “I just want that moment where my friends and family are going crazy around me while I’m passed out drooling on the couch. As a Buffalo fan, some people have been waiting their whole lives for that. Even just one chance to piece together memories of an amazing win from online clips and my friend’s description of the game would be enough for me.” At press time, Padula stated that his sadness over never having a celebratory drink in honor of a Bills Super Bowl win meant he needed a drink.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Having been a fan since the franchise started in '60, I understand his frustration.  But I have found, as the years pass, that while I would love to see the BILLS go all the way, It's not the big deal that it used to be, for me.

Yes, they broke my heart AGAIN, last Sunday, but over the last 60+ years, that has happened a lot more times than not, so been there/done that, and life does/will go on.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Having been a fan since the franchise started in '60, I understand his frustration.  But I have found, as the years pass, that while I would love to see the BILLS go all the way, It's not the big deal that it used to be, for me.

Yes, they broke my heart AGAIN, last Sunday, but over the last 60+ years, that has happened a lot more times than not, so been there/done that, and life does/will go on.

It’s having the opposite effect on me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.