McD's Bills in postseason: 3-0 at Home, 0-4 Road.

Artem Lipatov

one thing I don't want us to rally around next season is thinking that home field advantage will be the difference in beating the Chiefs.  they're absolutely good enough and a veteran playoff team enough to go into Buffalo and win, especially since McD served up the mental edge to them.

but we shouldn't pretend like it doesn't matter, especially against non-KC opponents.  The Titans will be much easier to beat at home than on the road.  Same with Baltimore, Cincy, and most of the other AFC contenders.  The Perfect Game probably doesn't happen in Foxboro but rather something more akin to the regular season win in Foxboro, etc.

Just now, harryS said:

one thing I don't want us to rally around next season is thinking that home field advantage will be the difference in beating the Chiefs.  they're absolutely good enough and a veteran playoff team enough to go into Buffalo and win, especially since McD served up the mental edge to them.

but we shouldn't pretend like it doesn't matter, especially against non-KC opponents.  The Titans will be much easier to beat at home than on the road.  Same with Baltimore, Cincy, and most of the other AFC contenders.  The Perfect Game probably doesn't happen in Foxboro but rather something more akin to the regular season win in Foxboro, etc.

I think if you look at McDermott's postseason record, if anything homefield matters because the defense has played much better in home playoff games vs the road.

And while I agree against the Chiefs you really don't know until the day comes where they come to Buffalo for a postseason game, the fact remains is Mahomes has never had to leave the comfortable confinese of Arrowhead for a conference playoff game. And it's a major factor in why they are on the verge of potentially reaching a 3rd straight SB.

The bigger issue is still consistency and not essentially taking Oct/Nov off and only only playing well at the beginning and end of the season. That's still the real reason this team is home right now IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.