Favre speaks up about holdouts...

ok, just got off the phone with my boss, romeo.  i work for the batavia trash collector association.  we get paid 1st of the month and are expected to haul trash for the rest of the month, so we get paid upfront.  anyway, told him to go phuck himself and that i will not haul anymore trash this month (may) even though they paid me.  i feel as if i haul trash great and some homeowners comlimented me when i carried three boxes of empty mason jars to and from the back of the truck with no rest.  my fellow co-trashhauler, lanny, who i called after calling romeo (boss) told me to come back to the garbage team because they need me and because they expect a large amount of trash this month.  i feel pressured.  should i return to the team or hold out for more cash?

328685[/snapback]

Roscoe I just heard that Lanny is making 1.5 Xs what you're making, AND they've promised him an extra week of vacation.

If you're willing to hold out and you hire me as your agent I guarantee we will have them begging you to come back to work at 3Xs your pay. Plus Lanny will be the one carring the mason jars in the future!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce.

327861[/snapback]

But in truth, how would anyone really know? I mean it was well known that Bruce wasn't going to be around much until opening game anyway, and for that he always miraculously recovered from injury, settled his contract issues enough to play, and was in shape (except his rookie year of course when he was a fat slob).

But what a defensive end.....Best I ever watched, although Reggie was pretty darn good too......

Yes , the bonus can be pulled if you injure yourself outside of football doing an activity that is considered dangerous, like riding a motorcycle. However, if you sliced your fingers off while cutting tomatoes, your bonus is intact.

Ricky also signed a provision when he redid his deal with the Dolphins that if he did not fulfill the contractual obligations, the Dolphins could go after his signing bonus, and the carzy thing is the Saints paid the Bonus!!!!

But no, if a team cuts you they cannot demand any of the bonus back

328577[/snapback]

Good thing for the Jax punter that hacking your leg with an axe is covered too.

You are forgetting one thing, HE SIGNED A CONTRACT. Nobody forced him to sign it. When players become UFA, then they have the leverage and can get their payday, until then you are legally obligated to play under the contract YOU SIGNED. I'll bet he loved signing his rookie contract with the nice fat signing bonus? So he got the big bonus that comes with the long term deal, and now he wants the best of both worlds? You're way out of line and delusional with this post Drew.

you should get what you can, while you can.

thats fact #1.

teams dont care about players.

fans dont care about players.

all they want is to win.

yeah they make alot of money, but 80% of those players are only in football for 4 years. (its not a true stat, but im guessing...)

not all football players will be stars. or make millions of dollars a year.

its up to them to get what they can.

its up to the team to try to get him with a low contract.

and the ONLY leverage a player has is to holdout.

and you cant blame him for using his only leverage.

im not talkin about mannings 100mill contract.

im talkin about that backup or possible starter whos contract is up, or a guy who is a probowler and is paid less than the 3rd round draft pick...

we all want to get paid what we think we are worth. and we all think we are worth more than we are.

YOU DO NOT CALL OUT PLAYERS ABOUT CONTRACT DISPUTES. NOT EVEN THOSES GOING TO THE HALL ONE DAY.

327912[/snapback]

Vikings' safety Darren Sharper had harsh words for former teammate Brett Favre on Wednesday. Upon learning that the Packers' quarterback criticized teammate Javon Walker for not attending a recent minicamp, Sharper took his turn on the soapbox. "What's going on with the minicamps and whether or not Javon's there – Brett wasn't at minicamp so it really doesn't make a difference who is there," Sharper told Sirius Radio. "He wasn't there, so he shouldn't have anything to say about Javon not being there." Sharper and Favre were teammates for eight seasons in Green Bay.

OUR VIEW

It's hard to argue with Shaper's statement, as Favre was criticizing a teammate for not attending a workout that he didn't even attend. That being said, Favre's primary concern seemed to be that Walker's holdout would extend into training camp, which is a possibility since the wideout is one of several clients that agent Drew Rosenhaus is encouraging to hold out for better contracts.