Jason White

Chiefs | White will not be signed - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 2 May 2005 06:32:16 -0700

The Kansas City Star reports the Kansas City Chiefs have decided not to offer a contract to undrafted rookie free agent QB Jason White after the completion of the team's weekend minicamp. HC Dick Vermeil told the 2003 Heisman Trophy winner to consider the Arena League. Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said he'd be willing to give other NFL teams film on White's weekend if they're interested in looking at White.

I think we should sign the poor kid. A Heisman winner is at least worth a look-see. Especially since we have Shane "I'm not Sure" Matthews skipping mandatory camps.

Chiefs | White will not be signed - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 2 May 2005 06:32:16 -0700

The Kansas City Star reports the Kansas City Chiefs have decided not to offer a contract to undrafted rookie free agent QB Jason White after the completion of the team's weekend minicamp. HC Dick Vermeil told the 2003 Heisman Trophy winner to consider the Arena League. Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said he'd be willing to give other NFL teams film on White's weekend if they're interested in looking at White.

I think we should sign the poor kid. A Heisman winner is at least worth a look-see. Especially since we have Shane "I'm not Sure" Matthews skipping mandatory camps.

327004[/snapback]

When the best you can do coming out of college is to get a tryout and do not get offered a contract, it's time to start checking the want ads.

Why toss him a bone? He'll get jobs he is no way qualified for because of his name, aceing out somebody who could actually do the job well and needs the work.

327023[/snapback]

....and he doesn't need work???? He sure as hell ain't going to work in the NFL.

....and he doesn't need work???? He sure as hell ain't going to work in the NFL.

327075[/snapback]

You miss the point. Perhaps he'll get a job because of his name with a financial instituion that he is not qualified to do, and will handle your account.

Bon apetit.

I think we should sign the poor kid. A Heisman winner is at least worth a look-see.

327004[/snapback]

I'm not sure too many teams would agree with you. I think most folks remember Gino Torretta also won the Heisman and today he probably pumping gas in Pierre.

The NFL is all about pay for performance.....I think it's pretty clear that he doesn't have the skills to make the jump to the NFL

327147[/snapback]

Pretty clear? The guy hasn't really gotten much of a chance, actually. He only got a two-day workout with a team that already has like 6 QBs signed.

I am not going to organize a pitty brigade for the man, but I wonder if people are selling him short a little prematurely. I think it would be smart, if he cares about getting to the NFL eventually, to try the CFL or AFL and prove his mettle there.

Pretty clear? The guy hasn't really gotten much of a chance, actually. He only got a two-day workout with a team that already has like 6 QBs signed.

I am not going to organize a pitty brigade for the man, but I wonder if people are selling him short a little prematurely. I think it would be smart, if he cares about getting to the NFL eventually, to try the CFL or AFL and prove his mettle there.

327159[/snapback]

He could be the next Flutie.

I'm not sure too many teams would agree with you.  I think most folks remember Gino Torretta also won the Heisman and today he probably pumping gas in Pierre.

327153[/snapback]

Actually, he's a financial planner in Boca Raton, FL. I used to work up the street.

327159[/snapback]

Jason White was invited to the combine and worked out at the OU "pro day" just like all the other potential draftees. That being said, no team chose to draft him or sign him as a UDFA after the draft. Seems to me his chances to work out for NFL teams, were the same as all the other draft eligible players.

Jason White does not have an NFL arm. He has a weak arm and two surgically repaired knees. The Big 12 is not known for great pass defense, which is why White has really been outed two years in a row outside his conference in Bowl games...