Donald Parham Injury from TNF--One of Worst I've Seen

Nextmanup

On 12/17/2021 at 2:10 AM, Nextmanup said:

This was one of the ugliest and scariest incidents I've ever seen in a game.

Parham pretty obviously never regained consciousness, even as they were wheeling him off the field after a sustained delay...with his hands convulsing nervously.

IMO, Buck and Aikman deliberately refrained from saying ANYTHING as the scene was already more than gruesome enough.  

Convulsing??? But Joe Buck said he was shaking because it was cold. 

On 12/17/2021 at 5:33 AM, QCity said:

I watched the game and I didn't hear this. What exactly did you hear?

Buck really did say his arms were shaking “ because it was cold for LA standards” on the field.   That was postering, called decerebrate postering that occurs with arms extended , with tremors involuntary from head injury  and head injury can also have concurrent spinal injury.  No way in the world was that cold shivering which occurs over whole body to raise core temp.  Now buck is not trained in traumatic head and spinal injuries so better if he just kept quiet like he said he should have.  Luckily it turned out to just be a concussion and didn’t have any associated spinal injuries etc.  

He was already discharged from hospital.   But that posturing is scary to see and I was afraid he might have had a spinal situation as well but that posturing is not uncommon after a traumatic brain injury or concussion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.