Why do the Game Threads Get Locked?

T&C

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We actually do allow new threads during the game, but they have to be legit substantive different threads

Not just 12 versions of game day hot takes like “Allen sucks” and “fire McDermott”

I'm just mentioning that it would be nice to discuss a game thread after the game is over, that is all really. Don't really see how that could affect any server nowadays. Thanks for listening and the replies.

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

I'm just mentioning that it would be nice to discuss a game thread after the game is over, that is all really. Don't really see how that could affect any server nowadays. Thanks for listening and the replies.

It’s always reasonable to ask questions about why we do things as we do.  Sometimes it’s just habit.  

We can re-open them and see if they’re popular to continue discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Why don’t you PM a mod and ask them instead of making a thread about it?

At BBMB, you would have given an infraction for starting a thread like this.

100%.  Same dude banned me for taking @jrober38 to task for his QB whispering, i.e. "we need to sign Cutler" -- a thread that went on for like 200 pages.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I wonder why there can't just be a single "Colts Game" thread. It starts right after the previous game ends, and it's the gameday thread, prediction thread, postgame thread all in one. Hard to continue discussuons when threads are locked.

The complaint people have raised there is that one giant thread becomes unwieldy and difficult to find individual discussions.

So that’s why we went with multiple threads, but the only ones that get locked are the pregame, 1st half, and 2nd half threads because of their time dependent and transient nature.

Everything else stays open and anyone can loop back and discuss.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It’s always reasonable to ask questions about why we do things as we do.  Sometimes it’s just habit.  

We can re-open them and see if they’re popular to continue discussion. 

Follow up: @T&C @Muppy I brought it up in the mod’s forum.  I also re-opened the threads pending discussion/decision so if you have something you want to go in and discuss, Have At It

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.