Sean’s Decisions

since79

On 11/7/2021 at 5:59 PM, since79 said:

On a clear challenge in the first half, he holds the flag and calls a time out. Maybe to give his guys a look or hopes the Refs take another look. After the time out, no challenge.  If your wasting a time out there throw the flag.You lose, you lose a time out, same outcome.

Later on D we take a time out and the announcers are shocked. Gave the refs a chance to look at a judgment call.  

Get the ball back with little time in the half. Boy could we have used the time outs.

He has no problem calling defensive timeouts.  Very predictable that he will do it and may times the other team converts as a result. 

If someone can look into this i would like to know our success rate in stopping a team after a defensive time out. 

I don’t disagree with this. But, I will say that I really don’t give a crap if the announcers are shocked.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:05 PM, Doc Brown said:

Not accepting that holding penalty to take them out of field goal range was odd.  I understand the percentages that the kicker won't make it but put some faith in your pass defense to make sure.

The only thing that makes any sense to me, seems I've heard in the past the analytics department is whispering in his ear during the game about things like percentage to go, not go for it among other things.  Someone miscalculated the distance, maybe added the 10 yards for the end zone twice??  Or he miscalculated the distance?? If someone else, he's not the type to blame them and will take the fault for it himself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.