Do you think J.P will be like Vick?

The_Real

Hopefully Sam Wyche can tutor him on all the reasons when/why he should

A)stay in the pocket,

B)scramble out of the pocket to buy more time,

C)scramble for yardage.

Looking at Vick, he doesn't seem to scramble to buy more time, he scrambles to get positive yardage.

If JP can be taught when it is ok to go, it will help him immensly, a good deal of it is instinct as well, not that I'm a huge Flutie fan, but he always knew when the pressure was coming and could duck out of the way.

I'm sure JP is being drilled on film about what / when the reciever on a particular play should be open, if that time has passed, he looks down to his next guy, if coverage is there, look to the the third outlet, if it  isn't there, it's ok to go.

It will certainly be an entertaining start of the season, I just hope he doesn't get  off to a good start.

323743[/snapback]

I think the Bills will use JP's mobility in the game plan. They will have him roll out & he can then either throw if it is there or run. I bet you see this a lot in the red zone.

this arrogant bills' fan suggests that you look at losman's college career. he used his mobility to buy time to throw -- not to "run first, pass later."

i believe that any comparisons between losman and vick are misguided. losman may turn out to be a better QB than vick, and he may turn out to be a worse one. but their styles are not similar.

Losman has Sam Wyche as his position coach...they guy that groomed Joe Montana and Boomer Esiason...figure the odds that Losman will be running around trying to make plays only with only his legs. Wyche will hand him his backside before he lets that happen.

Put some faith in a unique situation of having one of the best offense minds as a position coach. Montana and Esiason can't say enough good things about Wyche. Remind me how they turned out.

The kid is completely unproven but Wyche is abosutely giddy about this kid.

Thinking good thoughts with good reason.

Would you say that J.P didn't run first in college?  237 carries in a college career is not exactly a pocket passer.

323950[/snapback]

Losman rushing attempts at Tulane(from the Tulane Athletics website)...

2001 13

2002 88

2003 77

Total 178

PS This includes number of times sacked as those are counted as rushing attempts in college. Based on the team stats Tulane QB's were sacked 69 times combined in 02 & 03. So that leaves Losman with 109 actual rushing attempts over 20+ games.

Well...I'll leave it up to you as to who to believe for JP's football stats...the Tulane Athletic dept. website or answers.com :lol:

http://tulanegreenwave.collegesports.com/s...bl-archive.html

323968[/snapback]

How about the ncaa. Do you believe them?

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.js...rg=718&player=7

My point is the guy rushes alot.  I don't want him to break.  That's it.  I don't want to argue or sound like a jerk.  I just don't want our #1 to break.

323978[/snapback]

You're not sounding like a jerk. Before I screwed up his stats, the point I was trying to make, was that the number of rushes he had per game(between 3 and 4) over the course of his career at Tulane isn't that bad for a QB. I don't want him running around like a maniac all game, but at the same time, I'd like to see MM take advantage of his running ability from time to time.

Folks...

There is a reason why JPL is compared to Brett Farve in terms of playing style.....

Brett Farve uses his receivers......

Brett Farve can move around to buy time.....

Brett Farve will run for 1st downs......not 30 yards a clip.......

I dont think JPL is Vick at all.....

324190[/snapback]

No, for a couple of reasons:

1. JP ran so much in college because the line at Tulane blew.

2. He has a good coach in Sam Wyche.

3. I think breaking his leg last year will gets the point accross that maybe sliding isn't such a bad idea.

4. I think JP is smart enough to use a prophylactic.