Who would you like as Buffalo's #3 QB?

Who would you like as Buffalo's #3 QB?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as Buffalo's #3 QB?

• Shane Matthews
    • Tory Woodbury
    • Kevin Thompson
    • Other (Please explain who)

Hey, what about the asians -- they are not fairly represented on our squad.  What about the eskimos? -- they're certainly getting the shaft big time!!

Every f'ing year someone has to bring up race.  Get a grip.  Donahoe's job is to sign the best players available at all positions.  While we all may not agree on those selections, I'm 100% certain that not one single decision was made based on someone's color or race.  STOP BRINGING IT UP PLEASE.

323335[/snapback]

The Bills don not make judgments based on race, but unfortunately as the Bills are part of the NFL which has a recent history of not having African-Americans play QB even though they can help a team win and currently their are far fewer A-A HCs than the number of good A-A candidates for HC jobs, this sad issue will always come up.

One day the NFL will generally select people for jobs based for the most part on their talent, but the good ol' boy network is pretty entrenched and it seems like that though quotas are counterproductive it will take affirmative action on the NFL's part to make this situation.

In my mind kudos to the NFL for rejecting quotas but strongly investing in affirmative actions like the black coaching internship and the requirement that all teams do at least one serious interview with an A-A candidate (and fining that idiot Matt Millen when he blatantly did not follow the NFL agreement).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Rodgers

323204[/snapback]

Department of Corrections:

Matt Rodgers is 'white.' Selected in '92 out of Iowa. Wore #7. I still have a B&W photo from the RD&C in my archives.

There is no biological basis for race. It is entirely sociological.

You know, there are 7 rounds in the draft and there are 7 continents -- perfect, we pick 7 players with 7 different continental origins. In fact, we should've traded Henry for a 7th rounder just to make sure we had 7 picks in the draft so as not to offend any one continent.

You know, there are 7 rounds in the draft and there are 7 continents -- perfect, we pick 7 players with 7 different continental origins.  In fact, we should've traded Henry for a 7th rounder just to make sure we had 7 picks in the draft so as not to offend any one continent.

323417[/snapback]

This would be dumb as it is totally different from the situation of trying to reverse years of NFL teams refusing to hire the best players/coaches purely on their merit rather than allowing their decisions to be influenced by non-football issues like race or ethnicity.

This approach is stupid because it attempts to meet some stupid PC goal, while the NFL's affirmative action policy regarding A-A hires is good policy as it seeks to reverse decades of non-merit hiring by the NFL. The NFL's affirmative action policy is also good business as it shows a level of commitment to fairness and opportunity to a racial group which makes up a majority of the players.

In a perfect world it would be far better if NFL teams simply engaged in merit consideration and hiring today. However, last time I checked the world was not perfect and the NFL has correctly decided that in order to reverse pass wrongs and run their business well that they must adopt a sensible affirmative action policy on A-A hiring of HCs.

A quota would be counterproductive, but the NFL affirmative actions seem quite good, allow for free choice in selection by the owners and are resulting in slowly the NFL seeming to make better merit hires of HCs.

This would be dumb as it is totally different from the situation of trying to reverse years of NFL teams refusing to hire the best players/coaches purely on their merit rather than allowing their decisions to be influenced by non-football issues like race or ethnicity.

This approach is stupid because it attempts to meet some stupid PC goal, while the NFL's affirmative action policy  regarding A-A hires is good policy as it seeks to reverse decades of non-merit hiring by the NFL. The NFL's affirmative action policy is also good business as it shows a level of commitment to fairness and opportunity to a racial group which makes up a majority of the players.

In a perfect world it would be far better if NFL teams simply engaged in merit consideration and hiring today. However, last time I checked the world was not perfect and the NFL has correctly decided that in order to reverse pass wrongs and run their business well that they must adopt a sensible affirmative action policy on A-A hiring of HCs.

A quota would be counterproductive, but the NFL affirmative actions seem quite good, allow for free choice in selection by the owners and are resulting in slowly the NFL seeming to make better merit hires of HCs.

323441[/snapback]

Please tell me that you didn't take my post seriously??!!!