Sir Charles, Canelo and Sean McDermott? Bills coach stays himself even amid spotlight

YoloinOhio

Great read. Thanks for posting.

McDermott's relentless approach to self-improvement (that Carol Dweckian growth mindset he preaches) may be his most important quality as his tenure evolves and coaches and players come and go. He is dedicated not to a certain defensive philosophy, for example, but to improving his defensive philosophy each season.

Admittedly, that's not the best written example (which is an opportunity for me to grow and state my point more effectively in the future). 

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Great read. Thanks for posting.

McDermott's relentless approach to self-improvement (that Carol Dweckian growth mindset he preaches) may be his most important quality as his tenure evolves and coaches and players come and go. He is dedicated not to a certain defensive philosophy, for example, but to improving his defensive philosophy each season.

Admittedly, that's not the best written example (which is an opportunity for me to grow and state my point more effectively in the future). 

Just think, if every TBD member adopted that growth mind-set about our posting. .... I'll do better. Today!

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

This is very nice insight into his leadership style, and humility.  When I read article of this nature on him, it makes me want him here even more for a long, long time.  I almost want to pinch myself, and thinking “is this for real”.  We have an excellent GM and front office staff, and excellent head coach with stable coordinators, and other coaches developing behind them.  Lastly, barring injuries we have our QB for the 12 years or longer with these new rules on the QB.

Could we really have a championship/playoff team for the most of the next decade?  It just seems too good to be true for a Bills fan.  Yolo, sincerely, thank you for finding this article.  I typically don’t read the BN, as I’m stingy in not subscribing, and almost the same things are discussed in the Rochester and Syracuse papers.  These are the one off articles I love though.