Beane indicated they may keep 7 WRs; have received trade calls on DL

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, Georgie said:

Gilliam could be the #3 TE , AND the #4 RB

yep. Good call. versatility definitely comes into play for this cut down

Keep Hollister since Sweeney is dinged up ?
They played Becker a bit Saturday  :)  lol.

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hope we keep Obada and trade Addison.  Johnson seems to be a lock due to his ST status. 7 wrs would not shock me, but if Stevenson goes on PS we'll lose him.

Addison has been quite good at sacks, even if last year was a low # he lead the Bills.
 I would not give up Addison for a 5th.
Obada is bet yet to be realized. I prefer a known commodity going into the season thank you very much  :)

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Who’s trading for a 34 yr. old DE who had a pedestrian 5 sacks last year?  Why wouldn’t they wait to see if he’s cut.   I doubt he will as there’s no economic value to it except they want the spot for someone else.

I just wouldn’t hold my breath that will happen. 

He lead the Bills in sacks I believe :(

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they will keep the other 4 backs though because they all have a role. At the moment there isn't a 3rd tight end worth keeping which is why that is the easy place to go light and use Reggie a bit.

Yea I can't see much of a market for Addison. If someone does trade for him the best you are doing is like a conditional 7th...

So you are in the Boat that feels T Jones will be in Buffalo another year ?
 not sure myself about that.
Bills have some players in the secondary who play teams who might be worth that #4 RB spot. Just a hunch

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

So you are in the Boat that feels T Jones will be in Buffalo another year ?
 not sure myself about that.
Bills have some players in the secondary who play teams who might be worth that #4 RB spot. Just a hunch

Yes. I don't see anything to suggest Jones will be cut. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, chris heff said:

With this roster a 5th or 6th probably doesn’t make the team.

Maybe not but if Beane gets a few of those type picks for players they could help move up in the 1-4 rounds.

Just a general comment on Addison.  I know a lot of people say he would not have any interested trade partners I say maybe not so fast.

After the Bills eat Dead Money he does only cost $5.3M for the season and not all of that is guaranteed.

There could be an interested team for that money.

37 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe not but if Beane gets a few of those type picks for players they could help move up in the 1-4 rounds.

Just a general comment on Addison.  I know a lot of people say he would not have any interested trade partners I say maybe not so fast.

After the Bills eat Dead Money he does only cost $5.3M for the season and not all of that is guaranteed.

There could be an interested team for that money.

agree, the contract restructure was to lessen dead cap impact if Addison is cut or traded. If Shaq Lawson can fetch a pick, Mario Addison certainly can.

Edited by ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1