Oil and Gas

LeviF

CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/as-gas-prices-rise-white-house-says-opec-action-is-simply-not-enough-calls-for-ftc-scrutiny.html

The White House is calling on OPEC and its oil-producing allies to boost production in an effort to combat climbing gasoline prices, amid concerns that rising inflation could derail the economic recovery from Covid.

Biden administration officials spoke with representatives from OPEC’s de facto leader Saudi Arabia this week, as well as with representatives from the United Arab Emirates and other OPEC+ members.

The White House said the group’s July agreement to boost production by 400,000 barrels per day on a monthly basis beginning in August and stretching into 2022 is “simply not enough” during a “critical moment in the global recovery.”

Yeah OK.  It was hard enough for OPEC to reach that agreement.  They're not going to change it now.  

“The president recognizes that gas prices can put a pinch on the family budget,” said a senior White House official, who asked not to be identified to speak candidly about the issue. “He’d like his administration to use whatever tools that it has to help address the cost of gas, to help bring those prices down.”

Morgan Freeman's voice: "They have no tools."

I wonder what could have helped put the squeeze on.  Hmm...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/03/24/joe-biden-climate-change-halted-oil-and-gas-sales/6990895002/

President Joe Biden shut down oil and gas lease sales from the nation's vast public lands and waters in his first days in office, citing worries about climate change.

"The federal government is a huge player here. The government has market power," said attorney Max Sarinsky with New York University Law School's Institute for Policy Integrity. "If you restrict the supply (of oil and gas), you alter the market and you create a better environment for more sustainable fuels."

So did the White House not see the effects of this, did they not care, or did they decide to sell some of middle and lower-class America's financial security down the road while talking from both sides of their mouths?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just can't believe how our American out look has changed so much in less than 1 year as i sit and watch how many illegal immigrants are being brought in with out any covid testing and dispersing them all over the country and the POTUS hasn't a clue or give a s**t ! 

But back to the oil & gas thing $1.30 + since Biden took over (I now pay $80 for a tank of gas that a yr ago only cost $48) Biden shut down the Key stone to allow the Russians to finish their pipe line and sell fuel to all of Europe while our people go unemployed by that shut down & gas prices soar all in the name of electric cars ??

But Trump was the one colluding with Russia ? I would rather having him talk to them than allowing them to be more economically powerful by taking those fuel sales away from the US by closing crucial economic jobs - way to go Joe !

Please Please OPEC will you produce more oil so we can pay you for it rather than produce it our selves here in the US or help our allies Canada to help us and their country to be more oil independent .

212672 Immigrants cross the border in July alone untested HOLY S**T !! Keep up the good work Joe what a POS administration all the way around ... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, T master said:

Just can't believe how our American out look has changed so much in less than 1 year as i sit and watch how many illegal immigrants are being brought in with out any covid testing and dispersing them all over the country and the POTUS hasn't a clue or give a s**t ! 

But back to the oil & gas thing $1.30 + since Biden took over (I now pay $80 for a tank of gas that a yr ago only cost $48) Biden shut down the Key stone to allow the Russians to finish their pipe line and sell fuel to all of Europe while our people go unemployed by that shut down & gas prices soar all in the name of electric cars ??

But Trump was the one colluding with Russia ? I would rather having him talk to them than allowing them to be more economically powerful by taking those fuel sales away from the US by closing crucial economic jobs - way to go Joe !

Please Please OPEC will you produce more oil so we can pay you for it rather than produce it our selves here in the US or help our allies Canada to help us and their country to be more oil independent .

212672 Immigrants cross the border in July alone untested HOLY S**T !! Keep up the good work Joe what a POS administration all the way around ... 

Nominee for the best post of the year.  Biden. What a mess.  Desantis mottos for 2024.  CLEAN UP THE MESS 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/12/2021 at 11:21 PM, Irv said:

Nominee for the best post of the year.  Biden. What a mess.  Desantis mottos for 2024.  CLEAN UP THE MESS 

Wow all the time that has passed since me posting that reply and no reply from Tibs or Billstime their silence speaks volumes !! 

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 months later...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/10/29/background-press-call-by-senior-administration-officials-on-the-presidents-upcoming-g20-visit/

it’s a delicate time in the global economy.  And what’s important is that global energy supplies keep up with global energy demand.  And global — global energy demand has returned almost back to pre-pandemic levels.  Global energy supplies have not.

And so, within the G20, there are, of course, major consumers of energy and there are major suppliers of energy.  We’d like to raise the issue and underscore the importance of finding more balance and stability, both in oil markets and gas markets.

For those of you unfamiliar with snake speak, the gist is that the world’s most powerful nation sitting on some of the largest reserves of oil and gas in the world is going to beg for more oil in front of the international community.