How long until rather comes back???

CBS News rating continue to sink

Maybe its time to bring back danny boy. His stories made for good sound bites at the very least.

Maybe it could be re-named the CBS "wishful thinking" News with dan rather.

There are a number of former NYT reporters and editors who could help him write copy for the news.

• 2 weeks later...

actually I think that CBS should take a new approach. My suggestion is that they hire that nutjob jon stewert off of that cable channel that nobody watches, and bring him in to do the evening news. The audience will never know that anything has changed. They will simply believe what is said as fact because that is what they have been programed to do.

We're hearing early reports that Rather's new fulltime primetime replacement will be Michael Moore. Both he and Rather are good at creating stories, and it would have happened sooner but the network is waiting for more people to get widescreen TVs so they can actually fit Moore on the tube.

(Man, even when he's no longer news, it's STILL fun to pick on Bluto.)

actually I think that CBS should take a new approach. My suggestion is that they hire that nutjob jon stewert off of that cable channel that nobody watches, and bring him in to do the evening news. The audience will never know that anything has changed. They will simply believe what is said as fact because that is what they have been programed to do.

333743[/snapback]

that is just crazy enough to work. not to mention that Stewart is arrogant enough to think he would be God's gift to the 6:30 Network News. Maybe he could have Bill Mahr do the weekend gig.

that is just crazy enough to work.  not to mention that Stewart is arrogant enough to think he would be God's gift to the 6:30 Network News.  Maybe he could have Bill Mahr do the weekend gig.

333926[/snapback]

Stewart? Arrogant? Naaaaaaaah.

It's just that he's honest about how much smarter he is than everyone else in the entire universe and expresses that by making incredibly obvious jokes with punchlines that you can figure out 10 seconds before he says them. Give the man another Emmy.

333743[/snapback]

How 'bout that nutjob dennis miller. the guy who thinks he's funny?

I think they're both funny.  Of course, I actually THINK.

335000[/snapback]

Not according to SilverNRed you don't.

Of course, I think Stewart's funny too. He has a good time at everyone's expense, but focuses on the Right. He's drilled Kerry at times. The writers on that show are genius (or stupid if you're a Republican).

Of course, I think Stewart's funny too. He has a good time at everyone's expense, but focuses on the Right. He's drilled Kerry at times. The writers on that show are genius (or stupid if you're a Republican).

335004[/snapback]

Stewart wasn't nice to Mr. Clinton very often when he was in office. I think he has fun with the absurdity and the Republicans, on the basis of "controlling" the Legislative and Executive, have been patently absurd much of the time. I doubt the Democrats would be getting a free pass if they could actually pull off such a coup again.

As he said on Crossfire: "My lead in is a puppet show. How seriously should people take me?" (paraphrased).

The writers on that show are genius (or stupid if you're a Republican).

335004[/snapback]

...or stupid if you see the punchlines coming before Stewart even gets to them. Although I suppose "Mess-o-potamia" was sort of funny the first million times they used it.

You're right - I have a very low opinion of AD. I can see how you would take that away from my first post in this thread. :wub:

...or stupid if you see the punchlines coming before Stewart even gets to them.  Although I suppose "Mess-o-potamia" was sort of funny the first million times they used it.

You're right - I have a very low opinion of AD.  I can see how you would take that away from my first post in this thread.  :wub:

335076[/snapback]

Admittedly I don't watch the show very often and not for long stretches, either. Still, I find it funny when I do watch but not funny enough to hit the regular Tivo rotation.

I've always like Lewis Black.

I used to tune in just to see Lewis Black but even his jokes are basically the same thing over and over. He's mad, he can't take it anymore, and just when you think people can't be any dumber, he gives an example of people being dumb(er).

I like him but not as much as I used to.

I used to tune in just to see Lewis Black but even his jokes are basically the same thing over and over.  He's mad, he can't take it anymore, and just when you think people can't be any dumber, he gives an example of people being dumb(er).

I like him but not as much as I used to.

335113[/snapback]

Probably falls under the "familiarity breeds contempt." Since I don't see him more than once or twice a month, it doesn't grate on me.

About the only thing that's remained consistantly funny over the years on Comedy Central is South Park - but those guys are fuggin' nuts.

I declare this thread officially hijacked.

Dennis Miller's show just got cancelled today by CNBC. If I were Rush in Ohio I may think that this is a sure sign of the total collapse of the Republican party and each and every conservative in America and perhaps across the globe. But thankfully, there is only one Parrot in Ohio, in all his glorious overwhelming ignorance.

Dennis Miller's show just got cancelled today by CNBC. If I were Rush in Ohio I may think that this is a sure sign of the total collapse of the Republican party and each and every conservative in America and perhaps across the globe. But thankfully, there is only one Parrot in Ohio, in all his glorious overwhelming ignorance.

335196[/snapback]

Somewhere, wearing Superman Underoos, Bravin is dancing a jig.