Black Crowes back together and touring

stevewin

FYI - for those who are into the Crowes and have never seen them live don't deny yourself this pleasure. They are back together (who knows for how long) and are currently touring. They are an amazing band to see live, especially if they are playing a smaller venue in your town which is most likely the case.

Heads up for people in the Raleigh area - they are playing tonight at the Disco Rodeo (or The Ritz for those of us who have been here long enough) - which is a great venue to see a band live. Note also that it will be LOUD. Last time I saw them there I had a great view also of Kate Hudson standing offstage :lol:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a HUGE Black Crowes fan....saw them here in NJ some time back when they were touring with Jimmy Page...what a great concert...and Chris Robinson is pure entertainment on stage, I agree, if any of you like the Crowes, go see them, you wont be disappointed.

Is there a list of their tour dates?

FYI - for those who are into the Crowes and have never seen them live don't deny yourself this pleasure.  They are back together (who knows for how long) and are currently touring.  They are an amazing band to see live, especially if they are playing a smaller venue in your town which is most likely the case.

Heads up for people in the Raleigh area - they are playing tonight at the Disco Rodeo (or The Ritz for those of us who have been here long enough) - which is a great venue to see a band live.  Note also that it will be LOUD.  Last time I saw them there I had a great view also of Kate Hudson standing offstage  :lol:

320666[/snapback]

Oh...them. :lol:

I thought you meant Heckel and Jeckyl....the talking magpies.

I was really stoked for a second.

I was lucky enough to get wind of a show here in the Hudson Valley at Poughkeepsie's Chance Theater. They played under the psuedonym of Mr. Crowe's Garden. This venue held maybe 800 people. And man, they were really good. I definitely recommend anyone to take the opportunity to see this band play while they are still touring together.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a HUGE Black Crowes fan....saw them here in NJ some time back when they were touring with Jimmy Page...what a great concert...and Chris Robinson is pure entertainment on stage, I agree, if any of you like the Crowes, go see them, you wont be disappointed.

Is there a list of their tour dates?

320671[/snapback]

Just go to blackcrowes.com and click on tour dates at the bottom. Looks like they are playing in Camden w/ Tom Petty 6/17. Also playing Darien Lake 6/25 (last concert I saw at Daren Lake was Ted Nugent probably 15 years ago. He brought a big suffed white Buffalo out on the stage during 'Great White Buffalo' :lol: )

I was lucky enough to get wind of a show here in the Hudson Valley at Poughkeepsie's Chance Theater. They played under the psuedonym of Mr. Crowe's Garden. This venue held maybe 800 people. And man, they were really good. I definitely recommend anyone to take the opportunity to see this band play while they are still touring together.

320765[/snapback]

i also went to that show at the chance and it was a awesomoe show! go bills in '05

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I saw them in uptown Charlotte in summer of 2000, and they stunk up the joint. People were booing, I remember Chris Robinson getting all pissed about it. Maybe too many drugs at the end there, I was very disappointed. They sounded like crap. I would give them a second chance though, I like the band. I think they are coming to Richmond soon...

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I saw them in uptown Charlotte in summer of 2000, and they stunk up the joint. People were booing, I remember Chris Robinson getting all pissed about it. Maybe too many drugs at the end there, I was very disappointed. They sounded like crap. I would give them a second chance though, I like the band. I think they are coming to Richmond soon...

321048[/snapback]

Sadly, to me, the Black Crowes were one of those great bands that never really lived up to their potential, because of drugs and petty BS...still love the first album...

Sadly, to me, the Black Crowes were one of those great bands that never really lived up to their potential, because of drugs and petty BS...still love the first album...

321060[/snapback]

I put GNR in that category too. Flames that shone all too brightly and all too briefly.

I'll be catching them at Bonnaroo. Might do Darien. It certainly took some time for Christopher Robin to grow on me. Saw him with Phil Lesh & Friends in Dec and he was pretty decent. Even his wife was there sitting in the balcony overlooking the stage.