The Importance Of Balance For The OL

H2o

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Definitely felt to me like they decided last year, Josh is ready, we are going to prioritise the pass game and if that means tweaking the run game in ways we are not particularly well set up for so be it. The collection of OL and backs they have currently are not great compliments for each other in my view. Breida is a much better fit for what it seems they want to do.... I'm interested in you saying you feel the same about Moss. I like Moss in a zone scheme but I think you'd want to incorporate more inside zone to really see the best of him. Singletary is not, to my view a very natural fit in the offense they seem to be moving to. 

The problem with the outside zone wasn't always the backs or speed at all.  Williams, Knox, Feliciano, morse were all struggling in outside zone.  I just felt like the weakside backer was constantly coming in unblocked at an angle to disrupt the play.  

I'm not sold on singletary, but he was dynamic in 2019.  This season it felt like the running attack was always kind of stuck in the mud regardless of the back.  

Just now, dneveu said:

The problem with the outside zone wasn't always the backs or speed at all.  Williams, Knox, Feliciano, morse were all struggling in outside zone.  I just felt like the weakside backer was constantly coming in unblocked at an angle to disrupt the play.  

I'm not sold on singletary, but he was dynamic in 2019.  This season it felt like the running attack was always kind of stuck in the mud regardless of the back.  

I didn't say it was always the speed of the backs. I think it was the slightly incoherent mix of skillsets in the backs, the blockers and the scheme. I don't but the blame on any one unit. 

• Like (+1) 1