Happy Dave Brubeck Day

Draconator

Did anybody catch Dave Brubeck & Sons at ECC-North?

Oh yeah, well, it was 1974 or so. I was the concert committee guy, so that was a lot of fun. Got to meet Dave and his sons.

I also remember being at my aunt's house when she brought home the original Take Five album. It was really cool oddball music. I still struggle to figure out time signatures like that.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

Did anybody catch Dave Brubeck & Sons at ECC-North?

Oh yeah, well, it was 1974 or so. I was the concert committee guy, so that was a lot of fun. Got to meet Dave and his sons.

I also remember being at my aunt's house when she brought home the original Take Five album. It was really cool oddball music. I still struggle to figure out time signatures like that.

That had to be so cool meeting Dave!  

Odd-ball time signatures aren't that bad. I'm a Rush fan. 7/4 is like second nature.

IT'S SMUDGE BACK TO BACK!!!!!!!

Edited by Draconator

Did you know Geddy Lee's real name is Gary?

His mother has a heavy Eastern European accent, so when she called him for dinner, it was "Ged-dy Ged-dy!" Soon his friends started calling him Geddy, and the name stuck.

I saw that on an interview, probably Dan Rather's Big Interview show on AXS TV. I thought that was pretty funny.

1 minute ago, Poleshifter said:

Did you know Geddy Lee's real name is Gary?

His mother has a heavy Eastern European accent, so when she called him for dinner, it was "Ged-dy Ged-dy!" Soon his friends started calling him Geddy, and the name stuck.

I saw that on an interview, probably Dan Rather's Big Interview show on AXS TV. I thought that was pretty funny.

Yep. Knew that for quite a while. Gary Lee Weinrib. Alex's last name is actually Zivojinovic which is Yugoslavian. The literal translation is "Son Of Life", so his stage name is Lifeson. Neil used his real name. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.