It's draft day morning, and I've never seen everyone have LESS of an idea of who or even what position the Bills will be drafting

Logic

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

I've been saying for a month that the Bills are drafting for the future.  That's what Beane said in an interview just now.  He's figured out what holes he'll have to address in 2022 and 2023, not in 2021 when he's got starters he likes all across the board already.  

My personal choice, one that I see no one else mentioning, is a safety, to learn from Hyde and Poyer and to be prepared to step in when either of them loses the step that we all know they will lose eventually.  

honestly I thought that would be dean marlowe he looked really good every snap I saw from him....and micah lost the step already and poyers lost half a step haha but they make up for it with smarts and great team work imo

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

I've been saying for a month that the Bills are drafting for the future.  That's what Beane said in an interview just now.  He's figured out what holes he'll have to address in 2022 and 2023, not in 2021 when he's got starters he likes all across the board already.  

My personal choice, one that I see no one else mentioning, is a safety, to learn from Hyde and Poyer and to be prepared to step in when either of them loses the step that we all know they will lose eventually.  

I think it's a need too. I also think, though, that they feel comfortable "finding" guys. Look at Poyer and Hyde, one was a castoff CB who'd struggled his first few years in the league and the other was a rotation player that the Packers could never quite figure out where to play him. I'm expecting a later rd. pick or two to be guys they think they can mold into an heir apparent.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm on the west coast. Still drinking my cup of coffee.

The good news is that I only have to wait until 5pm my time for the draft, rather than 8pm.

I know, right?! Snobbish-ass East Coasters think the damn world revolves around them!

wait a sec... I’M on the East Coast. 

Shut Up, jerk!

jk

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

1. Seems like a good year to trade up. It's a shallow pool of players, and the guys you're getting in rounds 5-7 are reasonably likely not to make this roster. Might as well use some of that ammo to move up and get who you want.

2. When it comes to football fandom, west coast is the best coast. Games at 10am and 1pm. Night games at 5:20pm. Draft at 5:00pm. It's especially great this year, because the Bills pick so late. No need to stay up until 11:30pm to see the Bills pick.

"The Buffalo Bills announce a trade of their 1st round pick to xxxxx   xxxxx is now on the clock".     Time for bed.

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I know, right?! Snobbish-ass East Coasters think the damn world revolves around them!

wait a sec... I’M on the East Coast. 

Shut Up, jerk!

jk

Both of me agree with you all.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

"The Buffalo Bills announce a trade of their 1st round pick to xxxxx   xxxxx is now on the clock".     Time for bed.

I would laugh and laugh and laugh if that happens.

I'd also be totally fine with it. Multiple teams have said they only have 16-18 players with 1st round grades this year. It's also a shallower pool of players than usual, so I'm fine with them packaging later picks and moving around the board.

If the Bills came out of this draft with two 2nd round players, two 3rd round players, and a 4th round player, I'd be happy.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1