Cardinals released OL Clement

Cardinals | Clement Released - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:30:18 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA Sports 910 in Arizona, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released OL Anthony Clement. The team tried to trade him during the NFL Draft, but were not able to find any potential trading partners.

Who's better? Him or Shelton.

Cardinals | Clement Released - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:30:18 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA Sports 910 in Arizona, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released OL Anthony Clement. The team tried to trade him during the NFL Draft, but were not able to find any potential trading partners.

Who's better? Him or Shelton.

318649[/snapback]

since shelton is still on the az roster, i believe you answered your own question.

since shelton is still on the az roster, i believe you answered your own question.

318657[/snapback]

My boss who is a big Cardinal fan says that people on their board much preferred Clements to Shelton. Go figure. <_<

318657[/snapback]

Maybe, maybe not. They whacked Pete Kendall last year, and IMO he's a better player than either of these two. They're still holding out hope somebody will give them something -- ANYTHING -- for Shelton, is all.... that, and the cap hit if they release LJ is probably worse the one for Clement....

Just my opinion.

Maybe, maybe not. They whacked Pete Kendall last year, and IMO he's a better player  than either of these two. They're still holding out hope somebody will will give them something -- ANYTHING -- for Shelton, is all.... that, and the cap hit if they release LJ is probably worse the one for Clement....

Just my opinion.

318662[/snapback]

you may be right. good point.

Cardinals | Shelton Absent from Start of OTA - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:27:54 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA Sports 910 in Arizona, reports Arizona Cardinals OT L.J. Shelton was a no-show for the team's on-field training session Monday, April 25.

And things get more and more interesting in Camp Cardinal.

Just got off the Cardinals message board looking for comments on Clement's release and they've completly lost it, here's one card fan...

Bills,

Man I hope your pathetic excuse for a team goes 0-16 this year. I want every team to not only beat them but pulverize them beyond oblivion. I never felt this way about the Bills until they tried to justify not trading for LJ straight up and their pathetic draft that they just had.

Bills fans are just a bunch of crying little whiney b1tches. I have never seen such pathetic fans as the Bills. I guess that is what happens to you though when everyone else in the AFC East has actually won a SUPER BOWL!

This is from a fan who's team supposedly has just had the top draft of the entire league.

<_<:D:):w00t:

First off, what is a Cardinals fan?

Second, Clement is a pure right tackle. Actually, that's not true - he's more likely a guard who has played right tackle (sound familiar?) He cannot, I repeat, CANNOT play left tackle. If I had to guess, I wouldn't be surprised if he's wearing a Jets uni when the season starts.

Just got off the Cardinals message board looking for comments on Clement's release and they've completly lost it, here's one card fan...

Bills,

Man I hope your pathetic excuse for a team goes 0-16 this year. I want every team to not only beat them but pulverize them beyond oblivion. I never felt this way about the Bills until they tried to justify not trading for LJ straight up and their pathetic draft that they just had.

Bills fans are just a bunch of crying little whiney b1tches. I have never seen such pathetic fans as the Bills. I guess that is what happens to you though when everyone else in the AFC East has actually won a SUPER BOWL!

This is from a fan who's team supposedly has just had the top draft of the entire league.

<_<  :D  :)  :w00t:

318676[/snapback]

And when was the last time the Cards won a Superbowl? Strike that, when was the last time the Cards strung together two consecutive playoff victories?

Wow, are cardinals fans dumb. I present the follow facts:

Arizona 20 Dallas 7

St. Louis 24 Green Bay 17

Chicago 28 Philadelpia 21

That, my friends, is the sum total of the playoff victories of that franchise, since 1920. 85 years. Hilarious.

318657[/snapback]

On the roster? Not for long... <_<

Cardinals | Shelton Absent from Start of OTA - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:27:54 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA Sports 910 in Arizona, reports Arizona Cardinals OT L.J. Shelton was a no-show for the team's on-field training session Monday, April 25.

And when was the last time the Cards won a Superbowl?  Strike that, when was the last time the Cards strung together two consecutive playoff victories?

318688[/snapback]

If the Arizona Cardinals were a dog, it'd be Paris Hilton's little B word.

Bills,

<_<  :D  :)  :w00t:

318676[/snapback]

The Chicago/St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals have message boards?

Strike that, they have FANS ?!??!?!!?!

Oh, so THAT'S why they're moving home games to Mexico. And why the stands at the Bills' last game out there looked like a home game... for US.

"Pathetic" fans? Yeah. Okay. Whatever. Son, that's not a window you're looking into, it's a mirror.....

Bills,

318676[/snapback]

Stinging words from a 13-year-old!

He's mad because the Bills did not bite on Green trying to dump Shelton on us?

BTW, Billsfan1, were you trolling there on the Cardinals board, stirring things up? Or did this teen fan just come up with his hatred of the Bills - oh, and their pathetic fans and their pathetic draft - all on his own?

Stinging words from a 13-year-old!

He's mad because the Bills did not bite on Green trying to dump Shelton on us?

BTW, Billsfan1, were you trolling there on the Cardinals board, stirring things up? Or did this teen fan just come up with his hatred of the Bills - oh, and their pathetic fans and their pathetic draft - all on his own?

318727[/snapback]

That's 1billsfan...and no, I haven't posted on that moronic think tank.

Shelton is skipping OTA's.  I'd be willing to bet he's cut no later than June 1st.

318834[/snapback]

If he is cut, and I too believe he will be, it will be interesting to see if the Bills pick him up. I'm curious if TD was bluffing when the team recently leacked that they weren't really impressed with Shelton. Shelton may remember that and not even want to come to Buffalo.

If he is cut, and I too believe he will be, it will be interesting to see if the Bills pick him up. I'm curious if TD was bluffing when the team recently leacked that they weren't really impressed with Shelton. Shelton may remember that and not even want to come to Buffalo.

318988[/snapback]

That was my thought too, if he gets cut. Why would he want to sign with a team that wouldn't trade for him when offered and then belittled him before the draft, by saying he wasn't that good.

Clement has always been the one that the Cards were going to cut. They were only looking for a 7th rounder for him.

The thing I wonder is about Shelton. He is a solid if unexciting LT. The question has been whether he was healthy. I get the impression that he may not be, and hence this maybe the reasons the Bills didn't want him. He was given a full physical when he came to visit. Teams typically won't go to all that unless there is a concern, before signing/offering.