OT: Saw "Sin City" this weekend

Dante

Nice unique, original flick. It was long but the acting, story and cinematography kept my eyes glued to the screen(That and the friggen babes that populated this flick). Rodrigues is a fantastic, energetic director. Going to be a awsome, must buy dvd when it comes out

Nice unique, original flick. It was long but the acting, story and cinematography kept my eyes glued to the screen(That and the friggen babes that populated this flick). Rodrigues is a fantastic, energetic director. Going to be a awsome, must buy dvd when it comes out

318249[/snapback]

i completly agree. a definate dvd buy the day it comes out.

they are making 2 more.. :D

violence and hot chicks.

and dont forget about the "parol officer" in a thong. VERY NICE. ive seen her in other movies and i had NO IDEA, NO IDEA, she had a chest like that... <_<

"sometimes you have to prove to your friends your worth a damn. sometimes that means dying. sometimes that means killin a whole lot of people."

definatly in the top 5 best movies i have ever seen.

That's it. I'm going to see it this week with or without the wife. She hasn't wanted to see it yet and I've been wanting to bad.

On a side note. Blade 3 comes out tomorrow on DVD. Jessica Biel = yummy!!  <_<

318274[/snapback]

Repeat after me...do NOT take the wife. :D

This is a movie to enjoy with the guys, then go out for beers. It's the least wife-friendly movie I've ever seen...but a blast nevertheless (if taken as the comic book it is).

That's it. I'm going to see it this week with or without the wife. She hasn't wanted to see it yet and I've been wanting to bad.

On a side note. Blade 3 comes out tomorrow on DVD. Jessica Biel = yummy!!  <_<

318274[/snapback]

LOL. good. you wont be disapointed. all violence, some voice over narration (it is based on a "graphic novel"), and hot chicks.

3 seperate stories, intermixed, mostly black and white, LOTS of stars, best movie this year.

im betting the wife wont like all the violence and sex, so let her stay home.. :D

SIN CITY ROCKED. Has anybody seen the Amityville Horror (the new one) yet? A guy at work was tell me it was good today but his opinion is suspect at best.

318384[/snapback]

I liked Sin City, very enjoyable, especially the T & A. I can't see how Amittyville can be any good. A schitty remake of a schitty movie with a schitty story = waste of $$$$....

Caution, Sex SPOILERS

I'm telling you here are the SPOILERS so don't comlpain

In the cartoon still credits, we see a woman's bare butt, another's bare breasts and some cleavage. A hooker, Goldie, tells Marv that she wants him and we then see quick shots of them having sex (kissing, caressing and her moving on top of him while topless). Later, Marv wakes up next to her and she's dead, but topless (and we see several views of her bare breasts). We see a woman, Lucille, in just a thong bottom get up out of bed (we see her bare breasts and most of her bare butt cheeks). Marv comments on her being a "dyke" and says he doesn't know why since she had a body with which she could get any guy. Nancy does some sexy dancing in a club, sashaying around in her revealing attire. We see a nude woman cowering in the corner of a madman's lair (but don't see anything explicit). Marv then gives her his coat and we see part of her bare butt as she stands there. We see many hookers in scanty attire, including fishnet bottoms and tops that show most of their otherwise bare butts and breasts. We see Gail who's scantly clad in an outfit with a fishnet top that shows her otherwise bare breasts beneath it. Wendy says that Goldie served various priests (as in being a hooker). Marv says that he wants to taste Goldie through her twin sister. The camera focuses on Nancy's chest in her tight t-shirt. A woman visits Marv in jail and ends up sleeping with him (both are clothed, with her leg up over part of his body). We see Shellie wearing Dwight's dress shirt that shows part of her bra (and cleavage) and panties. Shellie taunts Jack (who's outside her door and correctly thinking she has a guy inside), "It's a regular African love-fest in here." Jack then tells Shellie that she has "somebody's love stink on you." Later, she tells Dwight that it was only one time (meaning sex) with Jack. Dwight holds a straight razor to Jack and says, "I'll cut you in ways that will make you useless to a woman." We see more shots of scantly clad hookers (mostly bare butts, cleavage and otherwise bare breasts under fishnet tops). Jack (with his goons in his car) tries to proposition Becky (a hooker) on the street, but she tells him that she doesn't do group or talk jobs. He then asks if she wants to "see it," with her replying that she's seen all shapes and sizes. We see a close-up of Gail's mostly bare butt cheeks in her fishnet bottom. Dwight hits Gail and the other hookers all hold their guns on him, but he and Gail then passionately kiss. A hooker says, "I'm not selling any more tail in Old Town." Gail shows some cleavage. We see various scantly clad women. A young girl states that she's still a virgin (after having been abducted by a pedophile). A man tells Hartigan (who he's beating) that a woman in the room with them will remind Hartigan of "what you won't be getting" (meaning sex). We see various scantly clad women in a club, including Nancy who's doing some sexy dancing up on a stage. When Hartigan sees her (after eight years), he comments that she grew up and "filled out." Hartigan refers to himself as a "horny ex-cop." Nancy kisses Hartigan, but he's uncomfortable with that since when he last saw her she was just a little girl. Later, she comes on to him again (possibly having her hand at his clothed crotch, but he stops her). She continues and the two then passionately kiss on a couch. The term "equipment" is used (for penis) and something is then referred to as "boner inspiring." Yellow Bastard (wearing just shorts) whips a tied-up Nancy, saying that this is just foreplay. She then sarcastically tells him, "You can't get it up unless I scream."

i completly agree. a definate dvd buy the day it comes out.

they are making 2 more..  :D

violence and hot chicks.

and dont forget about the "parol officer" in a thong. VERY NICE. ive seen her in other movies and i had NO IDEA, NO IDEA, she had a chest like that...  <_<

"sometimes you have to prove to your friends your worth a damn. sometimes that means dying. sometimes that means killin a whole lot of people." 

definatly in the top 5 best movies i have ever seen.

318256[/snapback]

Two more Sin City movies? Hmm...Must of missed that - Linkie ( Not that I don't believe, but would like more info -- I LOVED Sin City )...

Sin City Quotes

Stuka: [after getting shot with an arrow] Hey... Will ya look at that? It's right through me. Guys, look. It's cut a hole right through me.

Bozo #1}: There's something wrapped around it. Some kind of note.

Manute: Give it to me.

Stuka: Guys, this is starting to really hurt. Just look at it. It's poked a hole right through me. Guys?

Manute: [reading the note] McCarthy, you fool.

Stuka: Guys, don't you think maybe somebody oughta call a doctor for me or something? This isn't the kind of thing you just ignore, guys.

Manute}: Out back. Everyone. Bring the women.

Stuka: Guys?

God, did I hate Sin City.  I never wanted a movie to end so much in all my life.  I know I'm in the minority here, but IMO it really, really, really sucked

318681[/snapback]

I don't think it's movie for all tastes, but the best movies never are. Most movies are made per formula to maximize profits and appeal to the masses. Something that takes risks and breaks new ground is almost never widely accepted.

Saw it last night with my girl....Great Movie(both loved it)

Alba was lookin good....

Thought Rourke did a great job(prob best of the 3 stories)

Dawson has a amazing rack

Marv's Parole officer was smoking to(not sure who that was)

When did James King get a boob job...?

The only thing i didnt like was Brittany Murphy....she was terrible(although she looked good)

Question: The start of the movie....with the hitman(Hartnett)...Did the lady pay the hitman to end her life or was he payed by someone else to kill her(anyone help me out with this, end a dispute between me and my girl??)

I left the movie wanting to see more...I heard that stories will be longer on the DVD(bout a hour more)....Someone earlier posted there would be another 2 movies...That would be great....

Sin City Quotes

Stuka: [after getting shot with an arrow] Hey... Will ya look at that? It's right through me. Guys, look. It's cut a hole right through me.

Bozo #1}: There's something wrapped around it. Some kind of note.

Manute: Give it to me.

Stuka: Guys, this is starting to really hurt. Just look at it. It's poked a hole right through me. Guys?

Manute: [reading the note] McCarthy, you fool.

Stuka: Guys, don't you think maybe somebody oughta call a doctor for me or something? This isn't the kind of thing you just ignore, guys.

Manute}: Out back. Everyone. Bring the women.

Stuka: Guys?

318707[/snapback]

link doesnt work.. :(

but my favorite is writen below...

SIN CITY ROCKED. Has anybody seen the Amityville Horror (the new one) yet? A guy at work was telling me it was good today but his opinion is suspect at best.

318384[/snapback]

I saw the new Amittyville on opening night. I liked it alot. It was fairly close to the original but differ in the fact that in the original you didn't see the "ghosts" where in the new one you do. I'm a horror movie buff and I loved it. I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD.