My Bills draft

Things are simple.  We draft at the end of each round. We have resigned a number of our players and will pick up decent stopgap players from cuts from other teams. The best players are in the top 15 (with no guarentees) and the top 50.   We need difference makers at running back and defensive end.   The plan is to use the picks in the first 3 rounds to get these two players.   There are 3 very good running backs, who might be in our window.  The very top DE's will go in the top 2/3 of the first round and we can not get there.

So we play with our draft picks and do something like this. (Details may vary slightly).

pick 30============520 draft points

pick 62============284 draft points

pick 94============124 draft points

Start with 1-30 (round 1, pick30) and 2-32 to get picks 2-6 (#38 overall) and 2-30 (#52 overall)

Add in pick94 to upgrade the 2-30 (#52) to 2-20 (#42 overall).

With these picks we draft {{{RB Gainwell (Mephis) or Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina}}} ).

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2021kgainwell.php  

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021RB.php

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021DE.php

and DE Odeyinbo (Vanderbuilt)
Height: 6-6. Weight: 280.
Projected 40 Time: 4.88.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
View Ranking History

3/13/21: Odeyingbo played really well for Vanderbilt in 2020, putting up solid production in the ground game and as a pass rusher. He put more pressure on the quarterback than his sack total indicates.

Odeyingbo has good size with quality speed and athleticism for a defender with his build. A number of team sources say Odeyingbo graded out in the second round, and some thought he could go as a top-50 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, but then he tore an Achilles in pre-draft workouts. Odeyingbo will probably slide as a result of the injury, but some team sources are still really high on his upside and think he could grow into being an excellent defensive tackle in the NFL.

If Harris is still there at #30,  I would reconsider.

I don't know if your move up was necessary and it cost a day 2 pick. I don't like Gainwell and Odeyingbo has a torn achilles. A bit too high for Williams for me. This draft is not for me.

I think the Bills can consider BPA or moving back if they don't love their choices.

20 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It’s not our running backs, it’s the line. They can’t run block. A 1st/2nd on a RB is a waste of a pick unless someone like ETN or the guy from Alabama fall.

Generically speaking it was the O line, but upon a little investigation what shows up is that it was a combination of player injuries and the timing of those injuries that caused our best guys to not take a single snap together as a unit throughout the entire season, that and Spain being an azs about actually doing his job, and getting himself fired, are the root causes of the run game floundering so badly. Throw in poor scheming, and you’ve got the icing on a cake no one wanted a piece of.  To our benefit Beane understands this, jmo. 

We don't need all of these draft picks, I say we trade up for LB, Micah Parsons, Penn St and then focus on the O-line.  Pull this off with the players we have kept and Star Lotulelei coming back and we would be a much improved team.  I say this mostly because of the cofidence that I have in our ability to train and coach up some of the younger talent already on our team, aka - practice team guys that should be ready to move up.  I'd still like to see more of players like Duke Williams, Christion Wade, etc.. 

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!! 

42 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It’s not our running backs, it’s the line. They can’t run block. A 1st/2nd on a RB is a waste of a pick unless someone like ETN or the guy from Alabama fall.

Yeah, I don't like RB in the first round. I prefer CB, Edge, RB in that order.