John Brown wonders if Bills’ Josh Allen had any input on release

Knowing what we do about Josh and the kind of person he has shown him self to be i would think he would want smoke to stay if for nothing else because he has a chemistry with him. 

Given the cap shrinking this season and the fact that they had Gabe Davis step up like he did last season then with Isiah Hodgins waiting in the wings and given all they think he can do it was almost a no brainer that Brown would be released & given all the talk prior to his release he had a clue .

If the cap went up like normal though i think he would have been kept around because he is a really good player & team guy .

On 3/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

"On Thursday morning, Brown joined Solomon Wilcots and Ed McCaffrey on SiriusXM NFL Radio to discuss his release from Buffalo. When asked if the release was a surprise, Brown noted that he had a feeling that his time was coming to an end in Buffalo but added that the team did not give him any sort of heads up on their decision to release him."

“You know, honesty, we didn’t know nothing, we weren’t even given a heads up,” Brown told Wilcots. “But I’m a strong believer in God and I just had a feeling it was going to come to that time, especially when the money dropped.  And I dealt with a few injuries so I missed, like, five games so the team went 5-0 without me. [inaudible]  But you know, different situations, the way things could have been handled.”  "

"Although Brown noted that the offense and team played well without him in 2020, the wide receiver wondered out loud if Josh Allen had any say in Buffalo’s decision. (...)

“Like, I don’t know if they gave Josh Allen input on it,” said Brown.  “He should have had input.  Or, if he did have input I thought he would want me to stay.” "

"Realistically, Allen has no say on what Brandon Beane and company do this offseason. Due to the salary cap being lowered in 2021, Beane--like every other GM in the league--is going to have to make some tough decisions. Unfortunately for Brown, his salary cap and Buffalo’s play without him in 2020 made him an easy cut candidate."

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/03/john-brown-wonders-if-bills-josh-allen-had-input-on-release.html?fbclid=IwAR3bCPyz0WulU5NqUy7VZRpSD6BT4jDjCcutzGCdif1nQ2WKeI2GRlv-kDg

Smoke was a Cap casualty due to the Covid restrictions and nothing else. If the Cap was normal in 2021 no way would they have cut him. B-)