General History and where I am at with the Bills.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:19 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

Hi all, I am just going to give a little history and where I am at with the Bills. I was born in 69 so I have seen my share of not even play off droughts but "cant" in 7 games droughts.  I started watching football with my pap when I was around 6 years old which put me around the 1975-76 range. Born into football with a solid QB named Joe Ferguson and other players on the team like OJ Simpson, Bob Chandler and Tony Greene. What a fun time to just become a fan(sarcasm), In the next 4 years the team had a combined record of 17 and 43. Born into foot ball with 4 straight years of scary bad standings to never be repeated again.

Then for 2 years straight we had the Ferguson, Cribbs, Butler/Lewis combo and made it to the playoffs to straight years to not win a playoff game. I remember calling him Butler fingers as in "butter fingers"  cause you thought Knox dropped balls... this guy turned it into a talent... or so how I remembered it. then after two straight 2-14 seasons our GM pulled the trigger and drafted a guy named Jim Kelly and got a coach named Marv Levy. 

After a 7-8 season they went on a 12-4 record and took us to the Conf. game where we lost. The following year man... expectations were high! We wanted a SB run but we had struggles on defense that year and lost the division round. Our defense struggled this year as I remember it and our high flying fast throwing deep ball diving football team could not get on the field enough. Questions were asked that year with all the talent we had why did we fail?

Then with out Question the Bills made 4 straight SB appearances. A glorious time it was. We should have won one of them but the team and the fans kept our chins up high as we were proud yet frustrated fans.. we wanted our SB Win. After 3 more years Kelly retired. I sobbed. Then other teams left and started joining other teams. Then we went 17 straight years of... Ownership making silly decisions, GM every 3-4 years and coaches every 2 years.. Boy it took a long time to get it right.

Now many of you are wondering.. why the long writeup on history we already know about? Well to make a point I guess. You see we had Kelly for 11 years. Josh we will have for much longer and on top of that we have a Coach and a young GM that I feel will be with us for years but.. The point being is we are going to have down years with this QB and amazing years with this QB BUT... we have our QB. and because we have this amazing QB named Josh Allen who after his second year, takes this team on his shoulders and drags us to the Conf. Champ game. We are going to have bumps in the road but we are going to have a fun ride. Enjoy it Bills fans.. we deserve it!

I hate to be a Debbie downer but it was year three for Josh

Loved the write up I was born in 68

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I hate to be a Debbie downer but it was year three for Josh

Loved the write up I was born in 68

no and you see I think you understand my point. we going to have rough years with Josh and that does not make him any less of a QB, But.. we are in for some good years too I feel.  Your opinion is not a Downer.. Glad you enjoyed the write up. respect.

Appreciate the long fandom.. I too was born in that general time period and got my first taste of going to Bills games  to see them play Miami every year starting in the later 70’s so I became diehard at learning about tearjerking losses when Dempsey shanked a game winner at the home opener one year and then a few years later got the exhilaration of the rip down the goalposts game. I learned early the Bills will be full of highs and lows. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Appreciate the long fandom.. I too was born in that general time period and got my first taste of going to Bills games  to see them play Miami every year starting in the later 70’s so I became diehard at learning about tearjerking losses when Dempsey shanked a game winner at the home opener one year and then a few years later got the exhilaration of the rip down the goalposts game. I learned early the Bills will be full of highs and lows. 

yep very well put.