Neither Tasker nor Bennett make it to HOF Finalist list of 15

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Do you know what a gunner is?

He was the best gunner the league has ever seen.

He should get it for that reason alone.

Yep, I know what gunner is. So does it mean he was just (much) better than anybody else before him, or did he bring something entirely new to the position?

Also, is that a consensus that he was the best one? And if yes, until he played, or until today?

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Yep, I know what gunner is. So does it mean he was just (much) better than anybody else before him, or did he bring something entirely new to the position?

Also, is that a consensus that he was the best one? And if yes, until he played, or until today?

Rules changed and if he was playing today at his multiple pro bowl level playing level he would be even better.

He was a human missile.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:36 AM, Limeaid said:

Honestly I do not think no matter what facts presented you will dismiss them.  Same thing which occurs with some sports writers which is why he is not in Hall of Fame.

Only a little bit of research would have multiple coaches and players have stated they treated Tasker like they treated him like a #1 DE or WR assigning multiple players to block. They actually made rule changes to lesson his impact to game.

I watched the Super Bowl era Bills when I was a teenager live, if you were to ask me the top 10 players on those teams Tasker doesn't get a mention because honestly his play to me wasn't significantly game altering on a consistant level because that's almost impossible to do on ST unless you're returning a kick for a TD every other game. Yes he had a play here and there but again not Hall of Fame level.  He had as much impact as Nate Odomes did in my opinion and again neither is Hall of Fame worthy IMO.