Murrey's 2nd TD - Block in the back?

BillsIsrael

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Or you misunderstand it.  And here’s why that’s the case:

- That the phrase “in which he is moving toward or parallel to” is included.  If the intent of the rule is that a stationary player can’t block toward his own LOS, then why include that phrase at all?  The rule would be more simply stated.  It would just read that blocking in the direction of the LOS outside the designated area is illegal.  They added the requirement of movement toward the LOS for a reason. 
- If blocking toward the LOS is considered moving in that direction then every downfield block that starts directed away from the LOS but the defender gets turned parallel to the LOS would be a penalty.  That’s not the case obviously.  And that happens a lot as defenders try to get past blockers.
- Any offensive player outside the tackle box who facing parallel to the LOS or back toward it would be defenseless under your interpretation.  Again, that’s obviously not the intent of the rule. 

Sorry. 

I'm not going to argue with a guy who said this-

55 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

As in if an offensive player is facing the LOS they can block a defender coming at or by them (rather than get trucked) as long as it’s above the waist.  But they can’t run toward the defender and do that.  That’s how I understand the rule. 

about what the blindside block rule entails. Sorry.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

a blindside block “is a foul if a player initiates a block in which he is moving toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder.”

The guy initiates contact at the 4 yard line and ends up at the 6...he's pretty clearly moving toward his own end line. You misunderstand the rule as it's written. 

yep just like the one that was called vs the Texans, by the book that’s an illegal block and uncalled. 

as an aside, on several plays where the bills o lineman got downfield I notice they are very disciplined about getting in the way of opponents behind then, but without turning or engaging in illegal blocking  

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yep just like the one that was called vs the Texans, by the book that’s an illegal block and uncalled. 

as an aside, on several plays where the bills o lineman got downfield I notice they are very disciplined about getting in the way of opponents behind then, but without turning or engaging in illegal blocking  

Correct.