Voter Fraud Fraud: Postal worker featured by Republicans as evidence of vote tampering admits he made it up; GOP donors gave him $130,000

On 11/10/2020 at 6:17 PM, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Democrats on the House Oversight Committee tweeted late Tuesday that the “whistleblower completely RECANTED.”

Hopkins did not respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment. But in a YouTube video he posted Tuesday night, he denied recanting. “I’m here to say I did not recant my statements. That did not happen,” he said.

Newman will ensure mail-in vote fraud because... : seinfeld

It's hard to believe this story could get any stupider...

2 ***** ballots you've got to be kidding me.

On 11/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Democrats on the House Oversight Committee tweeted late Tuesday that the “whistleblower completely RECANTED.”

Hopkins did not respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment. But in a YouTube video he posted Tuesday night, he denied recanting. “I’m here to say I did not recant my statements. That did not happen,” he said.

Newman will ensure mail-in vote fraud because... : seinfeld

Whatever gets you through the night, lol.

popping in for my daily laugh at the chimps.

democrats, the cheating and thug party.

On 11/11/2020 at 5:25 PM, Buffalo716 said:

He actually did create email though

No he did not. He may have invented the word "email" in 1978 for an application he built at Rutgers.....maybe, but this guy reeks of self-promoting con.

General concensus is that email as a technology was formalized by Engineer Ray Tomlinson

Engineer Ray Tomlinson sent the first network email in 1971, choosing the '@' symbol to separate the name of the sender from the address of the host computer.

As technologists and Web historians have written, the true history of email is one of repeated, organic iterations of fundamental systems, much of which took place years before Ayyadurai’s work.

A paper by historian Thomas Haigh of the University of Wisconsin, chairman of the Special Interest Group on Computers, Information, and Society, and published on the SIGCIS website, describes versions of electronic mail dating back to the 1960s with features such as “to,” “cc” and “bcc” fields that became part of a “binding standard” in 1977, prior to Ayyadurai’s work at Rutgers.

A December 1977 Rand Corp. paper by engineer David Crocker, commissioned by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, identifies “electronic mail” as “one of the earliest and most popular applications of the ARPANET” and includes sample emails virtually indistinguishable from modern messages.

Haigh writes that Queen Elizabeth II became the first head of state to send electronic mail in 1976, Jimmy Carter’s campaign team used electronic mail for internal communication that year and by 1978, email was sufficiently widespread that the first spam went out inadvertently to 600 users that May.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

No he did not. He may have invented the word "email" in 1978 for an application he built at Rutgers.....maybe, but this guy reeks of self-promoting con.

General concensus is that email as a technology was formalized by Engineer Ray Tomlinson

Engineer Ray Tomlinson sent the first network email in 1971, choosing the '@' symbol to separate the name of the sender from the address of the host computer.

As technologists and Web historians have written, the true history of email is one of repeated, organic iterations of fundamental systems, much of which took place years before Ayyadurai’s work.

A paper by historian Thomas Haigh of the University of Wisconsin, chairman of the Special Interest Group on Computers, Information, and Society, and published on the SIGCIS website, describes versions of electronic mail dating back to the 1960s with features such as “to,” “cc” and “bcc” fields that became part of a “binding standard” in 1977, prior to Ayyadurai’s work at Rutgers.

A December 1977 Rand Corp. paper by engineer David Crocker, commissioned by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, identifies “electronic mail” as “one of the earliest and most popular applications of the ARPANET” and includes sample emails virtually indistinguishable from modern messages.

Haigh writes that Queen Elizabeth II became the first head of state to send electronic mail in 1976, Jimmy Carter’s campaign team used electronic mail for internal communication that year and by 1978, email was sufficiently widespread that the first spam went out inadvertently to 600 users that May.

I mean the idea that one of the first things that DARPA or really any Computer network development, came up with wasn't a message exchanging system is pretty silly.

• Thank you (+1) 1