JP

djfarr00

Not saying that JP is bad.  i think he'll be ok.  he would not have gone before Alex Smith.  No other team really needs a qb.  Espn would be hyping 2 guys trying to get them drafted

313987[/snapback]

JP would be a 49er and Alex Smith would still be waiting.

JP would be a 49er and Alex Smith would still be waiting.

314009[/snapback]

Nope and JP still would have gone later part of round 1. Guess TD got ripped.

Personally, and I have said it all along, Smith and Rdgers are both better then JP. JP would have gone 3rd rather than 4th this year, but still mid-late 1st rounder.

Nope and JP still would have gone later part of round 1.  Guess TD got ripped.

Personally, and I have said it all along, Smith and Rdgers are both better then JP.  JP would have gone 3rd rather than 4th this year, but still mid-late 1st rounder.

314024[/snapback]

That's debatable and not quantifiable at this time. Only time will tell...with Wyche and Clements mentoring him, I like JP's chances to be better than either Smith or Rodgers.

That's debatable and not quantifiable at this time. Only time will tell...with Wyche and Clements mentoring him, I like JP's chances to be better than either Smith or Rodgers.

314067[/snapback]

absolutely. maybe losman is the best in the end. i think he's way better than rogers, but would not have been hyped as much as smith. the drafts more about hype sometimes than talent. JP never was hyped up. smith was. he would have gone first.

i am happy it went down the way it did, but there was much disucssion around here as to where losman would have gone. not yet, in this years draft.

Not really. If he hadn't traded for JP last year, Drew would still be on the roster. :w00t:  :lol:  :D

314034[/snapback]

Not true. We could have had Grave with our 2nd last year, and gotten Rodgers this year. We also could have had Ryan - TE who Dallas used the 5th rounder on last year.

Hence we have the QB of the future, a center for the future and a blocking TE. That's a lot to give up for a guy who isn't, IMHO, as good as the QB we could have had this year.

Jp would of been selected first. He has all the attributes of smith plus better mobility. All the draft e v a l said he would of been consensus #1 maybe 2 at the least.

314022[/snapback]

intelligence, winning teams vs a stronger arm and mobility? smith is pretty mobile

jp had to transfer to get pt at tulane.

Hence we have the QB of the future, a center for the future and a blocking TE.  That's a lot to give up for a guy who isn't, IMHO, as good as the QB we could have had this year.

314078[/snapback]

Oh, what the hell do you know. :w00t:

xxx ooo

Not true.  We could have had Grave with our 2nd last year, and gotten Rodgers this year.  We also could have had Ryan - TE who Dallas used the 5th rounder on last year.

Hence we have the QB of the future, a center for the future and a blocking TE.  That's a lot to give up for a guy who isn't, IMHO, as good as the QB we could have had this year.

314078[/snapback]

And Drew would've been kept because the Bills wouldn't have started Rodgers as a rookie. :w00t:

And Drew would've been kept because the Bills wouldn't have started Rodgers as a rookie. :w00t:

314121[/snapback]

I believe we have Holcomb. I believe he would have started for a year and done better then JP will this year. Again IMHO. :lol:

I believe we have Holcomb.  I believe he would have started for a year and done better then JP will this year.  Again IMHO.  :lol:

314127[/snapback]

And Holcomb wouldn't have come here because Drew would still be #1. :lol:

:w00t:

And Holcomb wouldn't have come here because Drew would still be #1.  :lol:

:w00t:

314131[/snapback]

Drew still would have been cut, but our hand would not have been shown, and we could have got a 3rd from Dallas for him. We then sign Holcomb, he starts for a year, we get Rodgers this year, our Center (Teague is gone), and more money.

Nope and JP still would have gone later part of round 1.  Guess TD got ripped.

Personally, and I have said it all along, Smith and Rdgers are both better then JP.  JP would have gone 3rd rather than 4th this year, but still mid-late 1st rounder.

314024[/snapback]

The fact is, JP is NOT in this draft and we needed a young QB of the future last year in case Drew play much better than in the past. We got JP and he has been learning and will start this year. If we did not make the trade and did not pick another young QB of the future up last year then I would say that we would have had our chance to pick Rodgers this year and could have started Kelly Holcomb until he was ready. What was the better move? We shall see!!!

By the way, IF JP was in THIS draft somehow, I believe he would have been picked late in the first round (Washington, GB) -- just based on QB needs of teams.