Glad to see us working the short game in the 2nd half.

Ramza86

Teams will start approaching us the same way Vrabel did as we saw again in the jets. Stop the deep stuff and make JA want to force the ball downfield. 

I think we did a really good job in the 2nd half of attacking quickly and short. If thats what the defense gives us we have to take it and come up with plays that will maximize the gain. 

Liked seeing that we could do it because we will have to continue doing it as the season progresses. 

• Like (+1) 1

One of the virtues of working the short game and taking a long time to work their way down the field, if they master this style of play, is that they will control the clock and keep high scoring offenses off the field. 

That will force opponent defenses to loosen up and take chances, and the Bills will have more opportunities for big plays, which they demonstrated they can do in those first four games. They will become a more complete offense, harder to predict or shut down. 

Edited by Dr. K

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Teams will start approaching us the same way Vrabel did as we saw again in the jets. Stop the deep stuff and make JA want to force the ball downfield. 

I think we did a really good job in the 2nd half of attacking quickly and short. If thats what the defense gives us we have to take it and come up with plays that will maximize the gain. 

Liked seeing that we could do it because we will have to continue doing it as the season progresses. 

This was a part of the Jets game (along with our second half D) that I really enjoyed watching. There was a glimpse of the consistent precision we need if we're going to truly be a part of the the league's top echelon. Josh Allen's growth continues.