Watching league wide LB play today really exposing how weak Bills are at that position

On 10/18/2020 at 3:29 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Its both. They need Phillips and Oliver to improve, get Star back next year, and draft a couple edge players. If Phillips and Oliver are busts it will be very hard to fix the defense in one off-season. This assumes Edmunds is still their chosen one at MLB. They should let Milano walk, move Edmunds outside and find another option at MLB.

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who thinks Edmunds will ever be a good mlb is dreaming. Stick him outside where he's always belonged and trade for an Eric Kendricks type LB. Return to actually playing a 4-3. Scrub the nickel.  In theory Oliver should improve with the return of Star or any competent 1 tech. Say goodbye to Hughes, Harry & Murphy. Reevaluate whether Butler or Jefferson remain? I think we're all just shell shocked that our defense went from #2 to mid 20's in the blink of an eye.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who thinks Edmunds will ever be a good mlb is dreaming. Stick him outside where he's always belonged and trade for an Eric Kendricks type LB. Return to actually playing a 4-3. Scrub the nickel.  In theory Oliver should improve with the return of Star or any competent 1 tech. Say goodbye to Hughes, Harry & Murphy. Reevaluate whether Butler or Jefferson remain? I think we're all just shell shocked that our defense went from #2 to mid 20's in the blink of an eye.

Its still early to give up on H. Phillips. He is on a rookie deal and at a minimum should be in the DT rotation. He is only now a year out from ACL. 

I just don't know if McD has it in him to move Edmunds outside.