Game Plan vs. Titans: Stopping Derrick Henry

2 hours ago, CBennett said:

They cant this run D especially is HORRID..i bet they could stick 10 guys in the box and they would still get run on they are THAT bad Vs the run..this game will be decided on..if the Bills can score enough to win and if the Titans are rusty or off because of all this Covid stuff they did... but if its just our D vs their Run and say Allen was off or the O had a brain fart..they can and would win our D is just not that good anymore/or at least this year. 

Titans win IF: Bills O is stale, has a bad game or just doesnt do well(aka they cant score like they have been scoring aka 30+) because Bills D cant stop ANYYONE

Bills win IF: they score more than 30 and Allen has another decent to great day..and if somehow this "layoff" has been bad for and effects the Titans poorly...aka since they couldnt practice they look bad

The WOW I didnt think they had it in them scenario would be: Bills shut down the run and win going away.....and I think this is a 5% or less sceanrio...as they have shown the ability to shut NO ONE down yet this year.

Summary - I think the team that scores the most points will win.

The entire "Bills D can't stop ANYONE" is funny. They shut down J.Jacobs last week man ->15 carries/48yds for a putrid 3.2yds a carry.

Henry without a doubt is going to be extremely tough due to injuries. You have to also factor in how rested he is right now ready to roll. 

Edited by Real McNasty

Our rush defense is good? So many people gave me ***** saying the Bills run defense looked good against the raiders. *****in Tannehill is killing us by himself. This defense is not good. I don’t know what’s going on but they’re not the same defense in previous years. 

It will be 28-10 before we even get the ball. Smfh. And I don’t want none of you #######s who said our defense is good to blame Milano Tre n Levi being out. Because the titans have a ***** load of people on offense out. And their star DT is out. 

On 10/12/2020 at 5:30 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

That post tells me you do understand the significance of reaching 21 mph in 4 steps. Here is one source:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/you-might-be-able-to-tackle-derrick-henry-but-youre-not-going-to-like-it/2020/01/16/9514d9e8-38ba-11ea-9541-9107303481a4_story.html

It is behind a paywall - but this nugget is in the first para and can be seen without subscribing.

Thanks for the source, but I'm still skeptical.  According to this article in Wired:

https://www.wired.com/story/ai-100-meter-dash/

the fastest sprinters in the world, not wearing football gear, hit a top end speed of about 27 mph.  I couldn't find anything about how many steps it takes them to get to either 20 mph, or to their very top end speed.

I also remember seeing espn highlights where they superimpose a ball carrier's speed on a video of him running, usually on long TD runs..  I've seen several of those that the ESPN announcer claims were the fastest in a given week's games, and I think they generally topped out at somewhere around 21 or 22 mph.  So I don't have a link to prove it, but I still think nobody in football gear hits 20 mph in 4 steps. 

I  agree, though, that if Henry can actually do that, he's pretty amazing.