Wouldn't WR Josh Reed look good in Philly green?

With the TO and FredX debacle, I'm sure a WR would be a consideration. Up until TO, Philly never did risk too much for a WR. Maybe we could package him with some other garbage for a modest to good draft pick. I think it would also save about a half of million in cap space.

I'd ship fatty for the right price. Why not?

PS Who is JPera?

312926[/snapback]

A former poster who took a liking to making outrageous trade proposals and signing every single F/A on the market. We miss you JP-era....come back home. This weekend is your favorite time of the year. 0:)

Would trading Josh Reed for a draft pick be outrageous? There is nothing wrong with trading if you get a fair return. If Josh Reed is more important on the team than another prospect, than I'm all for it.

Are we satisfied with having our first pick coming in the last third of the 2nd rd? This whole message board is for entertainment purposes, I'm not trying to incite anyone. The speculating is a blast and it only really comes around once a year. I hope everyone is having as much fun as me this year, wondering what our team is going to do. Bottom line, I wish the Bills the best of luck in the upcoming draft and year. Enjoy tomorrow everybody!

With the 55th pick, the Buffalo Bills select..............?

Would trading Josh Reed for a draft pick be outrageous? There is nothing wrong with trading if you get a fair return. If Josh Reed is more important on the team than another prospect, than I'm all for it.

312951[/snapback]

Go back and look at the sentence in your original post in this thread.....

Maybe we could package him with some other garbage for a modest to good draft pick.

You want to package a WR who has been below average in his first three seasons and some "other garbage" for a "modest to good draft pick"? You might as well throw Coy Wire & Ryan Denney into the equation as long as we're purging the "dead wood" on the Bills roster. 0:)

I think it was more the outrageous quantity of trade proposals and free agent signings. I think he was trying to petition the NFL to expand roster space to 75 players, because he had us signing about 30-40 players or so. Sorry to the mods if this is being antagonistic.

Look, I don't want to argue. A modest draft pick to me is a 3rd or 4th rder, depending on where it's at in the rd. The "other garbage" would be used to move us forward a little bit more. I won't be responding to this thread after this. This is obviousley a terrible idea and post. Have a good day.

Look, I don't want to argue. A modest draft pick to me is a 3rd or 4th rder, depending on where it's at in the rd. The "other garbage" would be used to move us forward a little bit more. I won't be responding to this thread after this. This is obviousley a terrible idea and post. Have a good day.

312964[/snapback]

I'm just bustin' your balls. Don't take things so seriously. It's an exciting time of year for all Bills fans.

With the TO and FredX debacle, I'm sure a WR would be a consideration. Up until TO, Philly never did risk too much for a WR. Maybe we could package him with some other garbage for a modest to good draft pick. I think it would also save about a half of million in cap space.

312892[/snapback]

Good idea

Maybe we could trade Reed & Henry for the early 2nd round pick of Philly & pick up Spencer or Baas, Then grab Mike Nugent in the 2nd & Vincent Jackson in the 3rd

I dont think Reed is going anywhere.

The Bills are confident Josh Reed can be a solid No. 3 receiver.

It's unlikely they will address the position early in the draft again. ''Josh was hurt last year, and even when he did come back he wasn't healthy... We are not anywhere near as down on Josh Reed as a lot of people are,'' GM Tom Donahoe said. Apr. 22 - 10:16 am et

Source: Buffalo News

312892[/snapback]

Josh is like Freddie Mitchell sans the diarrhea of the mouth, however.

We miss you JP-era....come back home.  This weekend is your favorite time of the year. :lol:

312933[/snapback]

His spirit is not forgotten, and many have stepped forward to fill his shoes as the eve of the draft approaches. :)

His Day 1 prediction that we would trade for the right to pick JP is still one of the greatest threads ever posted on this board IMO. :rolleyes:

I can't believe Tom Donahoe's comments in that Josh Reed was never meant to be a #1 recever & that they drafted him to be a # 3 guy. Come on he was a high 2nd rounder He better be a projected starter! I believe that all 1st & 2nd round picks should be projected as starters when they are drafted. Even most 3rd rounders should be considered to be projected as starters when they are drafted

Also Tom Donahoe said that Reed is good in the red zone... How many career TD's does he have? Get real!

Also Tom Donahoe said that Reed is good in the red zone... How many career TD's does he have? Get real!

313436[/snapback]

Yes, you're right. A GM or coach should publicly state that his players are crap. It's good for team morale and it increases your players' trade value when negotiating. Good strategy!

I can't believe Tom Donahoe's comments in that Josh Reed was never meant to be a #1 recever & that they drafted him to be a # 3 guy. Come on he was a high 2nd rounder He better be a projected starter! I believe that all 1st & 2nd round picks should be projected as starters when they are drafted. Even most 3rd rounders should be considered to be projected as starters when they are drafted

313436[/snapback]

In my mind Reed was drafted to be the #3 WR for the year he was picked as I doubted that anyone seriously saw him supplanting either Moulds or Price on this team. He was definitely drafted with the idea of him being our #3. Further, with his 30+ catches and over 500 yards his first year he easily outstripped the rookie production other either Moulds or Price.

If there was any debate after his rookie output it was wether he was going to be a good or great NFL WR.

Even in his second year, no one saw Reed as a #1 WR for the Bills as you had to be on drugs if you somehow saw him beating out Moulds who hit the century mark with 100 catches for the 2002 season. TD clearly drafted Reed with the plan that this second round choice would step up into the #2 WR role because this became part of the grand plan to let Price walk which got the Bills they used on WM.

Unfortunately Reed turned out after a very good rookie season to suck the next two years as a WR. I think it was a good article and TD reminded me that when one takes into account the injury to Moulds in 2003 that vaulted Reed into the #1 WR role and his claim that Reed suffered a mid-season injury last year that it actually is not impossible that in his 4th year he might recover the form that led to his rookie season.

The comments do leave out a real fault in Reed's game that even before the Moulds injury, Reed developed a serious and pathetic case of the droppsies which seemed linked to a failing in confidence that the best pros do not have. Reed brought the problems on himself and though there are legitimate points that he is a different quality WR without Moulds to draw attention or when he is hurt, the starting point for his pro problems have been his own failings.

However, 2005 does hold some promise for Reed because playing #3 behind Moulds and Evans puts him back into the situation he found as a rookie where both his fellow WRs demand a double-team (Moulds as the best athlete on the team and Evans due to speed) so Reed will once again get a shot to feast on #5 DBs and LBs as the slot receiver.

It is quite reasonable to look for a productive year from him.