Shout Out To Secret Service, Thank You For Your Service

4 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Oh god🤦‍♂️

As a vet I’m just shaking my head 

Why, what for?? 

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Is Trump the only president to expose his inner circle to a pandemic when he did not have to?

The 1918 influenza pandemic killed an estimated 50 to 100 million people worldwide, including some 675,000 Americans, in just 15 months. But Woodrow Wilson’s White House largely ignored the global health crisis.

Instead, the president focused on the Great War enveloping Europe and offering “no leadership or guidance of any kind,” as historian John M. Barry, author of The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History, recently told Time’s Melissa August.

“Wilson wanted the focus to remain on the war effort,” Barry explained. “Anything negative was viewed as hurting morale.”

In private, the president acknowledged the threat posed by the virus, which struck a number of people in his inner circle, including his personal secretary, his oldest daughter and multiple Secret Service members. Even the White House sheep came down with the flu, reports Michael S. Rosenwald for the Washington Post.

https://www.milwaukeeindependent.com/syndicated/woodrow-wilson-downplayed-1918-pandemic-kept-debilitation-influenza-secret/

• Like (+1) 1

Good information.  Looks like Trump’s closest parallel might be Woodrow Wilson, not Andrew Jackson.  Wilson and Trump both attempted to ignore a pandemic, and both condone racism.  The only difference is that Wilson at least had a legitimate reason for downplaying the 1918 pandemic.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Good information.  Looks like Trump’s closest parallel might be Woodrow Wilson, not Andrew Jackson.  Wilson and Trump both attempted to ignore a pandemic, and both condone racism.  The only difference is that Wilson at least had a legitimate reason for downplaying the 1918 pandemic.  

When history is written, the Deep State War, once fully heat up, will have 10x the casualties of WWI.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why, what for?? 

The 1918 influenza pandemic killed an estimated 50 to 100 million people worldwide, including some 675,000 Americans, in just 15 months. But Woodrow Wilson’s White House largely ignored the global health crisis.

Instead, the president focused on the Great War enveloping Europe and offering “no leadership or guidance of any kind,” as historian John M. Barry, author of The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History, recently told Time’s Melissa August.

“Wilson wanted the focus to remain on the war effort,” Barry explained. “Anything negative was viewed as hurting morale.”

In private, the president acknowledged the threat posed by the virus, which struck a number of people in his inner circle, including his personal secretary, his oldest daughter and multiple Secret Service members. Even the White House sheep came down with the flu, reports Michael S. Rosenwald for the Washington Post.

https://www.milwaukeeindependent.com/syndicated/woodrow-wilson-downplayed-1918-pandemic-kept-debilitation-influenza-secret/

For what? My firmly held opinion that Democrats don’t give a damn about the American fighting man unless they can use us as a prop as you are. 

Yes, I know, there are liberals in the military....but from my experience the combat arms professions are manned by flag waving conservatives...ya know, Trumps base. That’s why I’m shaking my head. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Wilson gets points for not being an isolationist

Just now, Dragoon said:

For what? My firmly held opinion that Democrats don’t give a damn about the American fighting man unless they can use us as a prop as you are. 

Yes, I know, there are liberals in the military....but from my experience the combat arms professions are manned by flag waving conservatives...ya know, Trumps base. That’s why I’m shaking my head. 

Trump obviously can care less. Dems do a lot for vets. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Wilsons racism should not be criticized without the proper context. He was formally educated in Darwinism. He was academically taught blacks were not as evolutionary advanced as whites. Academics taught this once upon a time. 

And Trump isn’t a racist no matter how many times he’s proclaimed to be. 

2 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

How do the “suckers and losers” feel about Trump?

FYI, John Kelly still hasn’t denied that Trump made the reported comment. 

Just now, Dragoon said:

Wilsons racism should not be criticized without the proper context. He was formally educated in Darwinism. He was academically taught blacks were not as evolutionary advanced as whites. Academics taught this once upon a time. 

And Trump isn’t a racist no matter how many times he’s proclaimed to be. 

Stand back and stand by.  

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

How do the “suckers and losers” feel about Trump?

FYI, John Kelly still hasn’t denied that Trump made the reported comment. 

Stand back and stand by.  

1. My old army buddies and I laughed about the losers comment. Such an obvious lie and it’s been debunked. Good job on remaining aloof. 

2. I’m standing by. The Proud Boys aren’t racist and I’m not gonna debate it. 

2 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I saw that. How does that debunk it, though? I doubt Bolton was with Trump the entire day.

Bolton's word is also disputed by liberals and Republicans alike in regards to his words here and what he has said about Turmp and Ukraine. How can he be trusted on one subject ("Losers") but not another ("Ukraine")?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I saw that. How does that debunk it, though? I doubt Bolton was with Trump the entire day.

Bolton's word is also disputed by liberals and Republicans alike in regards to his words here and what he has said about Turmp and Ukraine. How can he be trusted on one subject ("Losers") but not another ("Ukraine")?

Look, I’ve got a few sales calls, then I gotta do gym things, then I’m gonna try to see my kids for a few minutes. My day is slammed. So, I don’t have the time for a never ending tit for tat so I lose. Trump is a racist who has hookers pee on Obama beds, hates veterans and is a huge racist. I lose. 

1 minute ago, Dragoon said:

Look, I’ve got a few sales calls, then I gotta do gym things, then I’m gonna try to see my kids for a few minutes. My day is slammed. So, I don’t have the time for a never ending tit for tat so I lose. Trump is a racist who has hookers pee on Obama beds, hates veterans and is a huge racist. I lose. 

But you had time to find the Bolton stuff.  The point is well made: Bolton can’t conclusively debunk the “losers and suckers” allegation to the extent Bolton wasn’t with Trump for the entirety of the time in question. 

13 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Good luck with your calls, gym things, and seeing your kids. It's not a never ending tit for tat - just went to the next logical place in our internet conversation. Perhaps if you ever have time again in your busy life, you'll answer.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 2