ESPN's Dan Orlovsky Making Case for Allen MVP

BigDingus

5 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

The funny thing for me is that it seems like so many people, particularly the ones who still like to bring up the headscratching plays, the negative ones, conveniently forget that ALL of the elite quarterbacks make the same kind of plays, on a weekly basis!!  

Exactly. Allen just does it with flare and style. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Keyshawn Johnson is an idiot. 

Next. 

I particularly enjoyed the part where he said Russell Wilson doesn't have a Stefon Diggs to throw to as if Metcalf and Lockett are the reincarnation of Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

This Rams game certainly moved Allen into the "elite" category for the media.  He's getting Mahomes level love now.

Josh Allen is a badass.  He’s still too sloppy with the rock, but he’s taking over games with his arm, his legs and his toughness.  And, yet, he STILL has room for improvement.    He reminds me so much of Cam Newton, Steve McNair and John Elway. Cam’s Charisma, size and running ability.   McNair’s grown man strength and lion‘s heart.  Elway’s clutch gene.

Allen’s will and ability to translate his off-season work into results during the season is striking.  

8 hours ago, purple haze said:

Josh Allen is a badass.  He’s still too sloppy with the rock, but he’s taking over games with his arm, his legs and his toughness.  And, yet, he STILL has room for improvement.    He reminds me so much of Cam Newton, Steve McNair and John Elway. Cam’s Charisma, size and running ability.   McNair’s grown man strength and lion‘s heart.  Elway’s clutch gene.

Allen’s will and ability to translate his off-season work into results during the season is striking.  

I think this is what we should really be excited about. Allen has shown now that he can learn, he can improve in key areas, and he can execute at a higher level, so give it another year, and how good will he be then? Accuracy is getting better (specifically on passes 15+ yards through the air), he's going through his reads, he's not throwing as many picks, and he is throwing with some touch when needed.

If he continues to play like this but also learn to throw the ball away more often instead of taking bad sacks & can stop the fumbling, he'd be a strictly better Cam Newton.