PI Call Giants Bears

Mods feel free to move. Not sure where non Bills football talk goes. Is this OK errr?

Ff to 8:30.  This pick6 got called PI. I understand the sentiment of the rule but damn i hate this call. He has the same right to the football as the receiver. I think its a helluva play, wish it wasn't called back. What you guys think?

6 minutes ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

In my opinion it is a borderline call, if the receiver is not moving WAITING for the ball, the db must have the right to play the ball thus making contact with the receiver.

As the rule is ruled right now, I fear this is PI...

Huh???  What do you think a curl pattern is?  You curl and wait for the ball.  It will never/seldom arrive in perfect time.  Defender has the right to put his arm around & try and knock the ball away.  He does not have the right to hit him before the ball arrives.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Huh???  What do you think a curl pattern is?  You curl and wait for the ball.  It will never/seldom arrive in perfect time.  Defender has the right to put his arm around & try and knock the ball away.  He does not have the right to hit him before the ball arrives.

I agree, but only because the hit arrived way before the ball.

In case of a bang bang play I will give the possibility to the DB to play "through" the receiver, I saw a lot of DPI called in this case.