Vote Jobs, Vote Jacobs

SectionC3

Hoax.  Looks like Chris couldn’t apply his job-creating and job-saving expertise to help uncle Jerry with the family biz.  And the idea that the Jacobs family can’t afford health coverage for 117 departed employees and their families? Another hoax.  Those workers must feel like they’ve been clubbed in the head with a hammer.  

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/delaware-north-pummeled-by-pandemic-cutting-14-of-buffalo-area-full-time-jobs/article_9cc7508c-f75d-11ea-8af0-dfe6aca6d629.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

15 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Looks like Chris couldn’t apply his job-creating and job-saving expertise to help uncle Jerry with the family biz.  And the idea that the Jacobs family can’t afford health coverage for 117 departed employees and their families? Another hoax.  Those workers must feel like they’ve been clubbed in the head with a hammer.  

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/delaware-north-pummeled-by-pandemic-cutting-14-of-buffalo-area-full-time-jobs/article_9cc7508c-f75d-11ea-8af0-dfe6aca6d629.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

Afford is one thing. Responsible for is another.  I thought ACA was going to fix this? 

So now you're saying that a company is responsible for people they no longer employ? 

2 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Jacobs is the one who "accidentaly" voted no on a bill.

Dude is a moron.

"I must've hit the wrong button"

Accidentally was well put in quotes.  Loser tried to have it both ways.  Stick with Trump and still defend the Post Office.  He used to be a decent guy.  But he sold out.  Another one who threw his career away for Trump.  

18 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

You're making the case for something I've been saying for decades.  Health insurance should not be so tied to employment.  In fact it should be illegal for employers to select and provide health insurance for their employees.  And no this is not a pitch for Medicare for all or anything similar. 

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

You're making the case for something I've been saying for decades.  Health insurance should not be so tied to employment.  In fact it should be illegal for employers to select and provide health insurance for their employees.  And no this is not a pitch for Medicare for all or anything similar. 

I’m coming around on that conversation.  The pandemic has opened my eyes to a lot of things that I might have dismissed a year ago.  Even UBI, which I previously thought to be ridiculous, is a conversation that I would have.  

W/r/t Jeremy and his ilk, normally I wouldn’t begrudge a business owner who terminated health benefits upon termination of an employee.  But these people—billionaires, (and there is nothing wrong with that)—could find a way to take care of their former employees during a freaking pandemic if they felt like it.   I’ll think about that the next time I consider an overpriced hot pretzel at whatever it is we call the Ralph these days. 

Edited by SectionC3