Guillotine League Question

Kirby Jackson

Has anyone here ever done one? If so, where is it hosted? When the teams get eliminated are their players added via waivers or blind bidding?

I am putting one together and it’s proven to be miserable. My fantasy leagues seems to do it but the setup is terrible. We use that site for my 40 team league but it isn’t very user friendly. I’d much rather yahoo or even ESPN where it’s easy. It just doesn’t look like that’s an option there.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

• Like (+1) 1

I tried to put one together but couldn't get enough interest.  I had it pretty much together as far as planning.

Hosted on yahoo.  Regular snake draft 12 teams. Short bench (4 or 5).

Weeks 1-3 were pool play.  Week 4 started the guillotine with 3 division winners and highest point total left getting the byes.  Teams 5-12 play each other.  Losers cut and manually remove all players from their teams.  Week 5 the 8 teams left play each other, week 6 quarterfinals, week 7 semis, week 8 finals. This would have allowed us to play the season out twice and still finish in week 16.  Teams would could either be completely reset to week 1 or redrafted.

Faab for waivers (I think this is the only fair way to do waivers period but different conversation).

Unfortunately everything had to be done manually on yahoo.  I believe fleaflicker has it for free but I've never used them.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Has anyone here ever done one? If so, where is it hosted? When the teams get eliminated are their players added via waivers or blind bidding?

I am putting one together and it’s proven to be miserable. My fantasy leagues seems to do it but the setup is terrible. We use that site for my 40 team league but it isn’t very user friendly. I’d much rather yahoo or even ESPN where it’s easy. It just doesn’t look like that’s an option there.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Not sure but 40 team league! Oh mylanta. I thought I was crazy joining a 20 teamer this year. How do the QBs work out?

30 minutes ago, 716er said:

Not sure but 40 team league! Oh mylanta. I thought I was crazy joining a 20 teamer this year. How do the QBs work out?

That league is wild. It’s a well-oiled machine. It’s four ten team divisions. There are four separate drafts run simultaneously. You play your division and cross over games against those in the same draft spot as you in the other divisions. It ends up being pretty big money but it’s on hold this year with COVID. 

• Like (+1) 1