Gilliam now listed at TE on roster

BillsMafi$

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Smith isn't going anywhere because of his contract, I believe.

But the comparisons have been to DiMarco since Gilliam was listed as a FB for most of the off-season. Everyone is saying he is better than DiMarco but I've wondered why they think that and what evidence they have of it.

Just speaking to his contract, Lee Smith has a 3.25 million cap hit with 1.5 million dead hit.

They could sign gilliam cut Smith and be 1 million ahead in savings.

As to Lee Smith's role in the offense.  Everyone knows that the Bills used a lot of sets using a blocking TE last year.

With the Diggs signing, rookie WR and Allen getting the ball out quicker I wonder if that will be used less this year then in the past.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just speaking to his contract, Lee Smith has a 3.25 million cap hit with 1.5 million dead hit.

They could sign gilliam cut Smith and be 1 million ahead in savings.

As to Lee Smith's role in the offense.  Everyone knows that the Bills used a lot of sets using a blocking TE last year.

With the Diggs signing, rookie WR and Allen getting the ball out quicker I wonder if that will be used less this year then in the past.

Ok, I must not have been remembering his contract correctly.

But is Gilliam good? Is he better than DiMarco or Smith? That's my question. People seem to be assuming that he is, but I don't know why. Reports from camp?

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ok, I must not have been remembering his contract correctly.

But is Gilliam good? Is he better than DiMarco or Smith? That's my question. People seem to be assuming that he is, but I don't know why. Reports from camp?

I don't think any of us know with this weird off season.  They should sign whoever has the best upside whoever that is.

Which is my point.