Is there any real training camp news?

CEN-CAL17

18 hours ago, Logic said:

I’ll be interested to see if Epenesa and Bam Johnson show enough to allow them to cut Murphy.

I wouldn’t advocate for cutting Murphy if it were not for next year’s bizarre cap situation. Between that and the need to sign White, Milano, and (soon enough, hopefully) Josh Allen, they could really use the money they’d be saving by cutting him. Strong play be Epenesa could allow it, in the same way that strong play by Singletary allowed them to cut Shady.

I'm not sure I follow this.

We're in Murphy's last contract year, so cutting him would only save money for us this year. It's a safe bet that White will not be extended this year (and Allen definitely not). So I guess if we were trying to extend Milano, it could help there. But that is about it.

For what it's worth, if the only reason to cut Murphy is to get a deal done with Milano, I'd rather wait. Having Milano AND Murphy is more valuable than just having a rich Milano.

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm not sure I follow this.

We're in Murphy's last contract year, so cutting him would only save money for us this year. It's a safe bet that White will not be extended this year (and Allen definitely not). So I guess if we were trying to extend Milano, it could help there. But that is about it.

For what it's worth, if the only reason to cut Murphy is to get a deal done with Milano, I'd rather wait. Having Milano AND Murphy is more valuable than just having a rich Milano.

I could be wrong here, but I believe rolling unused cap into next year is a thing. With next year’s cap set to be so wonky, the Bills could probably use the 7 mil.

• Like (+1) 1