TH could run for 1500 for Philly.

Travis is a great running back. He galloped for over 1300 2X with the Bills crappy OL and Drew at QB. The Eagles stand to get a Pro Bowl calibre back in the prime of his career. He will excel in Philly.

I don't think he will do nearly as well in Tampa or Arizona. Philly is the place for him, and they've got the picks to git r done.

I say he is worth a 2nd and a 4th. Or a 2nd and a conditional pick for next year.

Travis is a great running back.  He galloped for over 1300 2X with the Bills crappy OL and Drew at QB.  The Eagles stand to get a Pro Bowl calibre back in the prime of his career.  He will excel in Philly. 

I don't think he will do nearly as well in Tampa or Arizona.  Philly is the place for him, and they've got the picks to git r done.

I say he is worth a 2nd and a 4th.  Or a 2nd and a conditional pick for next year.

310308[/snapback]

Brian Westbrook sucked last year too, right?

Travis is a great running back.  He galloped for over 1300 2X with the Bills crappy OL and Drew at QB.  The Eagles stand to get a Pro Bowl calibre back in the prime of his career.  He will excel in Philly. 

I don't think he will do nearly as well in Tampa or Arizona.  Philly is the place for him, and they've got the picks to git r done.

I say he is worth a 2nd and a 4th.  Or a 2nd and a conditional pick for next year.

310308[/snapback]

Sure he could. He could also fumble 8 times, and get McNabb killed with his near-total lack of ability to read a blitz and either pick it up or act as a safety valve.

I don't know that Henry's running has ever really been an issue. It's the rest of his game that's the problem.

Easy boys. Just trying to pump a little propaganda for the Philly possibilities.

Alliteration!!

Travis has a lot in the tank. I read the story in the Philadelphia paper, and they may be using this as leverage to get Westbrook signed to a long-term deal. But it might be enticing to have a guy like TH motivated to run to prove his value.

I'll miss him.

Everyone is blasting Travis... and I'm tired of it. If TH ends up in Phili, I will guarantee a thousand yard season, and perhaps get up to the 1500 yard range. (I would say unlikely because Phili' is a pass first team, but I may be wrong).

TH is young, in his mid 20s. He should have another 8-11 years left in his tank. For Buffalo, over two seasons he had 2800 yards and plenty of touchdowns. You can assume he will be a scoring machine for Phili, and I'll draft him on my fantasy football team.

As for fumbling, he has greatly improved there. He didn't fumble too many times in the games he played this year.

Fact is, TH is a solid, young, probowl running back worthy of a 2nd round pick. I think that Phili' is seeing that, and I wouldn't be surprised if by draft day we choose twice in the 2nd round.

Worth more than Dillon, who was shopped for the last pick in rnd 2 last year?

310372[/snapback]

I always laugh when I see this comparison. Dillon was seen thoughout the league as a banged up back with little tread on his tires and non-team player. He was damaged goods and the Patriots were the only team smart enough to pony up a second round pick. We only have a few days to finally find out Henry's true worth, I think it's a second round pick.

I actually hope we don't move Travis and keep him. Sure, the boo birds will come out this weekend, but come late November when MaGahee is hurt, I'll feel comfortable giving the rock to Travis.

This guy goes from team MVP to whipping boy because he gets hurt and another guy takes his spot. Unreal.

I always laugh when I see this comparison. Dillon was seen thoughout the league as a banged up back with little tread on his tires and non-team player. He was damaged goods and the Patriots were the only team smart enough to pony up a second round pick. We only have a few days to finally find out Henry's true worth, I think it's a second round pick.

310387[/snapback]

I disagree. No doubt Dillon was a jerk, but in the grand scheme of things he always played very, very hard. There are, if you will, "levels" of jerk, and Dillon was never in the class of a TO or a Carl Pickens. Yes, there was concern about his groin pull and his kneecap - pop problem. He otherwise was not banged up, and tried very hard to get into the '03 B'gals linup. The late Foxboro Mike asked me about Dillon after the trade, and I told him and I was proven right re his performance with the Pats. I've watched the guy play since his rookie year...

TH, with busted ribs, legs, and an abyssamal '04 performance is not even close.

I disagree.  No doubt Dillon was a jerk, but in the grand scheme of things he always played very, very hard. There are, if you will, "levels" of jerk, and Dillon was never in the class of a TO or a Carl Pickens. Yes, there was concern about his groin pull and his kneecap - pop problem. He otherwise was not banged up, and tried very hard to get into the '03 B'gals linup. The late Foxboro Mike asked me about Dillon after the trade, and I told him and I was proven right re his performance with the Pats. I've watched the guy play since his rookie year...

TH, with busted ribs, legs, and an abyssamal '04 performance is not even close.

310398[/snapback]

Last offseason Cory Dillon was regarded as a former elite runningback on the downside from the hits he had taken over the years. He was benched for Rudy Johnson for Gods sakes, not Willis McGahee. That alone told the NFL Dillon would not fetched for a first round pick. I know you think that we should compare today's Superbowl Champion Dillon with today's Travis Henry, but that would be unfair since last year's Cory Dillon was a runningback with a ton of issues (age, poor performance, injury, attitude) and was the reason he was only traded for a second rounder.

Last offseason Cory Dillon was regarded as a former elite runningback on the downside from the hits he had taken over the years. He was benched for Rudy Johnson for Gods sakes, not Willis McGahee. That alone told the NFL Dillon would not fetched for a first round pick. I know you think that we should compare today's Superbowl Champion Dillon with today's Travis Henry, but that would be unfair since last year's Cory Dillon was a runningback with a ton of issues (age, poor performance, injury, attitude) and was the reason he was only traded for a second rounder.

310432[/snapback]

Dillon was not benched. He had recurring groin pull problems. Again, I've watched him since he was drafted - Dillon did not take nearly as many hits as he gave out. Your "Over-The-Hill" Dillon certainly smacked around the Bills last year - 45 for 230 in the 2 games and a 5.1 rush average...

Dillon was not benched. He had recurring groin pull problems. Again, I've watched him since he was drafted -  Dillon did not take nearly as many hits as he gave out. Your "Over-The-Hill" Dillon certainly smacked around the Bills last year - 45 for 230 in the 2 games and a 5.1 rush average...

310457[/snapback]

Your not getting it. I'm talking about the PERCEPTION of Dillon's worth BEFORE the 2004 draft! Where in my post does it say that I thought Cory Dillon was washed up???? Please show me. Even after hearing all those perceptions from sports magazine and newspaper articles, I still thought that Dillon was still a very dangerous back given the right team. When he went to the Pats I was ticked off that another team didn't feel the need to take a chance on him. Dillon was never able to unseat Johnson, that's the same as being benched as far as I'm concerned.

Your not getting it. I'm talking about the PERCEPTION of Dillon's worth BEFORE the 2004 draft! Where in my post does it say that I thought Cory Dillon was washed up???? Please show me. Even after hearing all those perceptions from sports magazine and newspaper articles, I still thought that Dillon was still a very dangerous back given the right team. When he went to the Pats I was ticked off that another team didn't feel the need to take a chance on him. Dillon was never able to unseat Johnson, that's the same as being benched as far as I'm concerned.

310731[/snapback]

"Last offseason Cory Dillon was regarded as a former elite runningback on the downside from the hits he had taken over the years. He was benched for Rudy Johnson for Gods sakes, not Willis McGahee. That alone told the NFL Dillon would not fetched for a first round pick. I know you think that we should compare today's Superbowl Champion Dillon with today's Travis Henry, but that would be unfair since last year's Cory Dillon was a runningback with a ton of issues (age, poor performance, injury, attitude) and was the reason he was only traded for a second rounder."

Your words - ton of issues - age, poor performance, injury.

Stop dancing between the raindrops. You feel that TH is worth more than Dillon was, and nice try at sophistry but no soap.

If the Bills were in the market, would YOU advocate they give up their pick for TH?

Perhaps as a buyer rather than a seller, you might have a different viewpoint.... :D

"Last offseason Cory Dillon was regarded as a former elite runningback on the downside from the hits he had taken over the years. He was benched for Rudy Johnson for Gods sakes, not Willis McGahee. That alone told the NFL Dillon would not fetched for a first round pick. I know you think that we should compare today's Superbowl Champion Dillon with today's Travis Henry, but that would be unfair since last year's Cory Dillon was a runningback with a ton of issues (age, poor performance, injury, attitude) and was the reason he was only traded for a second rounder."

Your words - ton of issues - age, poor performance, injury.

Stop dancing between the raindrops. You feel that TH is worth more than Dillon was, and nice try at sophistry but no soap.

If the Bills were in the market, would YOU advocate they give up their pick for TH?

Perhaps as a buyer rather than a seller, you might have a different viewpoint.... :D

310756[/snapback]

I'll point out what you missed, I said "Last season Cory Dillon was regarded...". In other words "the perception was...".

If Dillon didn't have any lingering issues he easily would have garnered a first round pick. End of story.

I'll point out what you missed, I said "Last season Cory Dillon was regarded...". In other words "the perception was...".

If Dillon didn't have any lingering issues he easily would have garnered a first round pick. End of story.

310838[/snapback]

He never would have garnered a 1st rounder. :D

See ya.