Redskins May Trade Draft Pick

RVJ

It looks like we can put the Nate trade talk to bed...sort of

308642[/snapback]

I certainly wouldn't go that far. It appears that the Redskins are definitely interested in acquiring a top veteran CB in some sort of deal with their 9th overall pick. Given that the last four paragraphs of the article discuss the possibility of the Redskins being interested in trading for Clements, and is coming from a Washington newspaper, I'd say that the rumor has more life than ever.

I certainly wouldn't go that far.   It appears that the Redskins are definitely interested in acquiring a top veteran CB in some sort of deal with their 9th overall pick.  Given that the last four paragraphs of the article discuss the possibility of the Redskins being interested in trading for Clements,   and is coming from a Washington newspaper,   I'd say that the rumor has more life than ever.

308652[/snapback]

Exactly. And did you hotice how his agent was praising GW?

Important to note: this article says the rumored deal with the Raider involves the Skins getting a second rounder from Oakland as well. That may be why the Skins are looking at the Raiders now instad of focusing on the Bills.

There is no way I'd trade Nate and our second round pick for #9. I would seriously consider trading Nate for the #9 pick straight up, providing we had a solid plan in place to turn that #9 pick into a later first rounder and a second, or even two decent second rounders.

I don't see TD trading Nate just to move up in this draft.

Important to note: this article says the rumored deal with the Raider involves the Skins getting a second rounder from Oakland as well. That may be why the Skins are looking at the Raiders now instad of focusing on the Bills.

There is no way I'd trade Nate and our second round pick for #9. I would seriously consider trading Nate for the #9 pick straight up, providing we had a solid plan in place to turn that #9 pick into a later first rounder and a second, or even two decent second rounders.

I don't see TD trading Nate just to move up in this draft.

308699[/snapback]

Agreed.

I think if Greg wants him that Gibbs will pull the trigger. I assume Snyder will do

what Gibbs suggests.

308740[/snapback]

Hey, GW begged Gibbs to pick Sean Taylor last year, and look what a mess that's turning into!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

If the Skins are targeting Buchanan from Oakland, whose salary is only $1.5 million, it's unlikey they want to pay top dollar for a new long-term contract fro NC. How much cap room does Washington have, anyway?